I'm pretty much leaving with everything I own, so that when I finally exit the Japan Building in March, I won't have much to take.
Just the clothes on my back.
The green suitcase if full of Turkey covers - grrrrr, so unnecessary - and the rest is misc. clothes/towels/Japanese pottery, COCO.
I saved a worm earlier.
It was trying to cross a wide sidewalk, on a mission to nowhere, because its destination was a brick wall.
I was going downhill at the time, whizzed past it, had a guilt trip, couldn't leave it to a certain death, so turned around, cycled back up the hill, and flicked it into some bushes.
I am so nervous.
I'm nervous about having all my time eaten up by having to be on duty 24/7.
After so long alone, I dread this.
It will be too much for me.
To go from hermit to being with others.
I have warned him that he is going to have to be patient but I don't think he understands quite how I feel.
Even I don't understand how I feel.
All I know is that how I feel is protective of myself after having to survive alone for so long.
Nobody is going to pat me on the back or appreciate the utter hell I have lived inside my head for so long.
Still, it's not as if I am like a lot of women, who don't have anything saved for rainy days, who are with children and beholden to their 'dear partners' or what they can get from social services.
I'm addicted to the parenting site, by the way, it makes me feel free and lucky, even though I am fcked up. Just like some of you might come here and wind up feeling better about your lot in life.
Anyway, blah, I have independent means, if I Fukushima, I can take care of myself.
Oh yeah, on the subject of major nuclear disaster, the kid I am tutoring daily after school - she is so damn lucky to be getting my time - looked with puzzlement when I told her today that I avoid buying Japanese produce, that I currently prefer Australian or American meat.
She was like, 'Why'?
I was like, 'Well, it ain't no disco up there, you know.'
I don't usually offer my services out beyond class time and English Club, but this year I'm like, wtf, this kid has shown an interest, it's rare for a student to show an interest, so I will give her a special class daily, and by late Feb, she's gonna be way better at speaking and comprehending English, than she is now.
BUT.
Part of the unwritten deal is that I get to tell it like it is. I will try to mold her into thinking outside of the box. I will try to get her interested in countries beyond the default Disney/Koala/Tower combo. If I'm avoiding fish in Japan, I'll tell her why I'm avoiding fish in Japan. If I'm gonna give up my time, then I'm sure as hell gonna shear the sheeple off this kid.
Huh. What am I going on about?
I'm tigressing.
I bought some sake with gold flakes in it to drink at the airport tomorrow.
Because I can.
Hmmm. I just had a thought. I wonder if the train goes directly to the airport from the station near me?
Night.
Just the clothes on my back.
The green suitcase if full of Turkey covers - grrrrr, so unnecessary - and the rest is misc. clothes/towels/Japanese pottery, COCO.
I saved a worm earlier.
It was trying to cross a wide sidewalk, on a mission to nowhere, because its destination was a brick wall.
I was going downhill at the time, whizzed past it, had a guilt trip, couldn't leave it to a certain death, so turned around, cycled back up the hill, and flicked it into some bushes.
I am so nervous.
I'm nervous about having all my time eaten up by having to be on duty 24/7.
After so long alone, I dread this.
It will be too much for me.
To go from hermit to being with others.
I have warned him that he is going to have to be patient but I don't think he understands quite how I feel.
Even I don't understand how I feel.
All I know is that how I feel is protective of myself after having to survive alone for so long.
Nobody is going to pat me on the back or appreciate the utter hell I have lived inside my head for so long.
Still, it's not as if I am like a lot of women, who don't have anything saved for rainy days, who are with children and beholden to their 'dear partners' or what they can get from social services.
I'm addicted to the parenting site, by the way, it makes me feel free and lucky, even though I am fcked up. Just like some of you might come here and wind up feeling better about your lot in life.
Anyway, blah, I have independent means, if I Fukushima, I can take care of myself.
Oh yeah, on the subject of major nuclear disaster, the kid I am tutoring daily after school - she is so damn lucky to be getting my time - looked with puzzlement when I told her today that I avoid buying Japanese produce, that I currently prefer Australian or American meat.
She was like, 'Why'?
I was like, 'Well, it ain't no disco up there, you know.'
I don't usually offer my services out beyond class time and English Club, but this year I'm like, wtf, this kid has shown an interest, it's rare for a student to show an interest, so I will give her a special class daily, and by late Feb, she's gonna be way better at speaking and comprehending English, than she is now.
BUT.
Part of the unwritten deal is that I get to tell it like it is. I will try to mold her into thinking outside of the box. I will try to get her interested in countries beyond the default Disney/Koala/Tower combo. If I'm avoiding fish in Japan, I'll tell her why I'm avoiding fish in Japan. If I'm gonna give up my time, then I'm sure as hell gonna shear the sheeple off this kid.
Huh. What am I going on about?
I'm tigressing.
I bought some sake with gold flakes in it to drink at the airport tomorrow.
Because I can.
Hmmm. I just had a thought. I wonder if the train goes directly to the airport from the station near me?
Night.
1 comment:
(Anon2) Wow! A fellow worm saver!! There must be more of us. We can't be the only ones. We need an organization....I dunno...The Fraterie of Worm Lovers or something like that. Found this - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2263019738&v=wall
Post a Comment