Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Sensei Files

I seriously had so much fun in all the classes today, and I'm not just trying to make myself feel better after receiving The Massage.

Regarding The Massage, I confided in another teacher today, who is part-time, and she told me how she sometimes has lunch with the kid who is mildly autistic because he is always sitting on his own in the canteen, and that she and another teacher the other day were doing this, when Ms Massage came over and said, like the true bully she is, 'What are you doing sitting with him!!?'

The teacher agreed that the girl has a very black heart, indeed, before I told her who it was, she had kind of guessed.
I can't wait for tomorrow's class. I think I will seat change and separate her from her friends because her bad attitude has rubbed off on previously good students, so they too now pretty much ignore my class. Yep, seat change it is.

But back to fun classes.
For me a 'fun' class is when the students have laughed pretty much throughout.
I LOVE how they get my humor now, which is so damaged, so crazy, so sick.

Today I kept replacing words with 'fugu', which means 'blowfish' in Japanese.
At first the kids had no idea what was going on, but when they finally understood that I was just being a twat, we had so much fun.
Plus lots of other stuff.

I cycled home a different way today to check out the bargain corner of a different supermarket - scored some 'fresh' noodles for a buck fifty - and popped up to the 'Digital Camera' section to see if I could source the camera that I didn't manage to buy a few weeks ago because the shop was actually closing for good, and not reopening on the 31st. Doh.



Anyway, long jacket, short skirt, I found the exact same camera, albeit for $20 more, still 'on special', so I am going to go back to get it tonight, as part of my exercise routine., even though I had them put it aside for me till the morrow.
It's an Olympus Tough - waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof and Perkinsproof.
I'm getting it in white.

It's for sale at 13,800 yen. It was 11,900 at the shop that closed down. It's still a good deal though.
It sells for around $150 in the US.
I can't wait to have a camera that takes decent pics of food again.
My food pics have been crap this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Maria you are amazing

222 said...

I hope you come back as a Japanese student in a future life and have to suffer the average conversation class with a teacher who sticks to the textbook.