It's not even 9am and I already have a hangover.
Just kidding. About the hangover. Not the clean bathroom.
I did have a Breakfast of Champions though.
I do it because it's my way of giving the finger to the rest of the week - The Work Week - which stops me from having a beer because they haven't yet invented an odor-free ale for workers.
They used to have mulled ale for breakfast in Medieval times.
.
Having no central heating, Brits instead warmed their bodies from the inside out.
A shot of gin would be added to the warm ale, which also contained wormwood, along with citrus peel, ginger and so on.
This heartwarming ale was commonly known as 'Purl'.
Anyway, time to halt the tigression and return to reading about The Struggle For Empire In Central Asia
Gah. I cannot listen to the BBC and their 'bought' journalists.
| Bathroom cleaned |
Just kidding. About the hangover. Not the clean bathroom.
I did have a Breakfast of Champions though.
I do it because it's my way of giving the finger to the rest of the week - The Work Week - which stops me from having a beer because they haven't yet invented an odor-free ale for workers.
They used to have mulled ale for breakfast in Medieval times.
.
Having no central heating, Brits instead warmed their bodies from the inside out.
A shot of gin would be added to the warm ale, which also contained wormwood, along with citrus peel, ginger and so on.
This heartwarming ale was commonly known as 'Purl'.
| Clean sheets on the bed -ha ha the radio just said, 'bed'. |
Anyway, time to halt the tigression and return to reading about The Struggle For Empire In Central Asia
| It smells so good. I sprinkled it with dried fresh dill. |
Gah. I cannot listen to the BBC and their 'bought' journalists.
3 comments:
They drank ale because the usual water would have cholera and e. coli and six other kinds of peasant killer, because people just crapped near the water table without much bother.
Medieval ale was pretty weak, 2 to 3% alc., but it was strong enough to be (mostly) sterile, making it safer than water unless you lived by a spring at the top of a hill and chucked your shit bucket down the far side (which is how Swindon was founded).
Few know that "brewer" was a professional largely dominated by women in the Middle Ages. I brewed my own beer for years, but haven't had time for it lately.
I work with people who sometimes reek of what they drank the night before. I just move up wind from them. And if you plant yourself in large crowds you could pass it off as someone else by using hand gestures, much like my husband would do when blaming the kids for his farting.
My brother brews his own beer and it's not bad, he does because the nearest beer store is an hour and a half drive from his house.
That's what I call "incentive to improve".
Post a Comment