Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Recession Total Lunar Eclipse


I posted this video before I'd even watched it.
Apologies for the bitter sounding tone at the end.
So, whilst this year could go into the Fake Beer Book Of World Records as being the 'biggest fcked up result of a beautiful morning back in February 2011' ever, I am not immune to the fact that I am alive, I am healthy, and that certain aspects of this year, like 'getting through' to some of the kids so that they don't all grow up thinking like sheeple, will have made the year somewhat worth it.
And I'm not teaching lifestyle here, like, the 'retire early' mantra that is my personal juice, but rather getting through to the students in a way that has them thinking about being thrifty as a lifestyle (heaps of kids have come to show me things they got good deals on since I started coming out with my Comme Ca Dollar Wardrobe), and I've also been teaching them to have respect for the planet's resources, which is a side to being thrifty, and to not take the news at face value, that it wasn't brought to them by a friendly stalk, and more likely arrived on their screens via a menacing grey drone, but not to tigress, I am not immune to the fact that, whilst I wish I wasn't here, I have, beyond getting through to some kids about the above, also enjoyed the food, albeit in a somewhat stressful way, what with having to check origin all the time, and I have totally loved all the Japanese baths I've immersed my weary soul in, and that's about it, I guess, the plus points to this year, oh, and the fact that I have the financial means, more than ever, to be able to work with whatever direction my battered heart and head can take me, because this year-long mess has brought me very close to the edge, where it's just a few more steps across, and I can be classed as feral forever.




3 comments:

F. said...

feral forever.. hmmm, that is sort of nice.

Anonymous said...

(From Anon2) This is just about the first time (starting with the swing) you've added some vids to your blog. I daresay it might be cathartic (of a purely emotional nature of course) to keep it up. Plus we, the lowly blog followers and Maria worshippers, get more glimpses into your world and can hear your lovely voice. You sound charming even when kvetching about your lot. Soon to be improved with a trip back to the US...hang in there.

Rhys said...

Even with my fancy-schmancy monitor set to "FULL SCREEN" 10 to the sixth res, that was a big wodge of absent photons.

Still, you said "Kyoto" like a native.