I sat outside, in the drizzle, under cloud cover, and thought to myself, 'This ain't goin' nowhere fast' but given that the event is going to last until 1AM, and it looks like there's some clear sky heading this way, I'll pop back outside in a bit. The full eclipse is at 23:45. Current time here is 22:45.
Anyway, tonight I watched an excellent movie called In Search Of Sex. Brilliant plot with lots of twists.
It was nice being outside.
I want to spend the rest of my life doing outdoorsy things.
I've had enough of being inside this year.
Inside buildings. Inside my head. Inside Job.
I think the reason I haven't jumped at the chance to immerse myself in the city bar culture this year is because I totally changed during my years off, especially after two years spent on the boat.
Living with those sunsets and sunrises, day in, day out, with the moon dancing upon my hatches on most nights, turned me into a different being (a drunk), and sitting outside in the car park just now, on my mini tramp, with a hot water bottle, some blankets, hot sake and sugared ginger, I was reminded of my desire to start living and exploring this planet of ours again, to get the fck out of here as soon as possible.
I just popped out again and there was a Western chick outside, one of the many who seem to be blind and deaf to smiles and greetings, and who was still an icy kant just now.
Why are people so fcking unfriendly at Resident Kant?
I tried to strike up a conversation about the 'lunar event',but wtf, nothing.
Gah. I wish there were lots of Mexicans living here. It would be a fun and happy place then. Not like these miserable, wary kants. And who the fck pays to study Japanese anyway! Like doh! So you wanna work your asses off for a Japanese company in the end, when you could be a lazy fck instead and just cruise through life as FILTH. I just don't get it but I guess for some folks, struggling to learn over 6000 Chinese characters, just to understand a newspaper, is a big turn-on.
The only friendly inmate at Residence K is a small Chinese girl who has always smiled and responded to my airy greetings. Indeed, before the Westerner rocked up on the scene outside, I was talking to Miss Chinese for about 10 minutes, having scared the life out of her as she cycled into the car park and I suddenly stepped out from the shadows.
You had to be there.
She was like, 'WTF!' but in Chinese.
And then we talked, and I was thinking, 'Does she really live here because she's wayyyy too friendly for Residence Kant', and I guess she thought I was a student because she started explaining the kanji used for 'Lunar Eclipse' and I pretended to know what she was going on about, air-drawing kanji with her, like I knew my strokes, when in actual fact, I only know the kanji for Japan, Mouth, River and Entrance.
Anyway, tonight I watched an excellent movie called In Search Of Sex. Brilliant plot with lots of twists.
It was nice being outside.
I want to spend the rest of my life doing outdoorsy things.
I've had enough of being inside this year.
Inside buildings. Inside my head. Inside Job.
I think the reason I haven't jumped at the chance to immerse myself in the city bar culture this year is because I totally changed during my years off, especially after two years spent on the boat.
Living with those sunsets and sunrises, day in, day out, with the moon dancing upon my hatches on most nights, turned me into a different being (a drunk), and sitting outside in the car park just now, on my mini tramp, with a hot water bottle, some blankets, hot sake and sugared ginger, I was reminded of my desire to start living and exploring this planet of ours again, to get the fck out of here as soon as possible.
I just popped out again and there was a Western chick outside, one of the many who seem to be blind and deaf to smiles and greetings, and who was still an icy kant just now.
Why are people so fcking unfriendly at Resident Kant?
I tried to strike up a conversation about the 'lunar event',but wtf, nothing.
Gah. I wish there were lots of Mexicans living here. It would be a fun and happy place then. Not like these miserable, wary kants. And who the fck pays to study Japanese anyway! Like doh! So you wanna work your asses off for a Japanese company in the end, when you could be a lazy fck instead and just cruise through life as FILTH. I just don't get it but I guess for some folks, struggling to learn over 6000 Chinese characters, just to understand a newspaper, is a big turn-on.
The only friendly inmate at Residence K is a small Chinese girl who has always smiled and responded to my airy greetings. Indeed, before the Westerner rocked up on the scene outside, I was talking to Miss Chinese for about 10 minutes, having scared the life out of her as she cycled into the car park and I suddenly stepped out from the shadows.
You had to be there.
She was like, 'WTF!' but in Chinese.
And then we talked, and I was thinking, 'Does she really live here because she's wayyyy too friendly for Residence Kant', and I guess she thought I was a student because she started explaining the kanji used for 'Lunar Eclipse' and I pretended to know what she was going on about, air-drawing kanji with her, like I knew my strokes, when in actual fact, I only know the kanji for Japan, Mouth, River and Entrance.
| Mouth |
6 comments:
outside is soooooooo much nicer - hey, we agree on something! Best wishes from your friendly neighbourhood troll xx (please don't be nasty to me, trolls have feeling too you know :)
As long as Trolls are nice, we're nice. How ya doin' Troll? How's the goat catching business?
Actually, we could see a few glimpses of your lunar eclipse in the video below. They are long drawn out affairs, aren't they - definitely in need of good company, some wine or sake and a fluffy comforter to wrap around yourself while waiting for the different phases.
It is with much relief that the 'troll' and I have differing opinions, beyond the 'outside' thing.
I would not want to think like this 'troll'.
By the way, whilst the personal attack yesterday on one of this blog's readers was uncalled for, it's not as disturbing as actually having a 'troll'.
I have been fortunate in my online life to have avoided total submersion into the online world, where people spend hours on certain chat/forums, to the degree that the word 'troll' is used by them daily.
'Obvious troll alert', 'It's a troll' and so on.
Ergo, I'm a bit disappointed to finally see that word, a word I dislike as much as 'Obama' or 'FED', within my comment threads.
Its presence has somewhat cheapened the comment 'hood.
ha thats funny you or one of your 'esteemed' readers was the one to use the word troll not the troll. Also, its a bit rich you calling the troll for spending all day online when you by your own admission haunt such drivel as mumsnet
What size of snet fits a mum?
Post a Comment