So yah, I took the elevator to the 8th floor to invigilate a test, and shared the lift with two of the more senior members of this school, indeed, they are currently deputy heads respectively, of the high school and junior high.
Anyway, the lift was quite chilly, I mentioned this, then one of the teachers said it was really, really hot in the summer, and I joked and said that I usually took the stairs anyway, and this was my first time ever in the lift, and he said,
'You're never here in the summer so you wouldn't know',
but in a nice way, and I was like, thinking to myself of course,
'Too right! There is no way I'd have stayed in Japan for so long if I'd bought into the sacrifice your much-deserved vacation time for the children's club activities in the summer and so on.'
The teachers here, I feel so sorry for them, they even come to school during vacation time because some little Kenji or Kyoko wants to half-heartedly play badminton or draw comic characters.
For the parents, it's fab, and if I had to have kids, like really had to have kids, then I'd want my child to go to a Japanese school because the school looks after them, even in the vacation time.
I'd be totally encouraging my kid to join ping pong club, that's for sure.
'There's a dear, off you go, don't forget your paddle'.

Anyway, the lift was quite chilly, I mentioned this, then one of the teachers said it was really, really hot in the summer, and I joked and said that I usually took the stairs anyway, and this was my first time ever in the lift, and he said,
'You're never here in the summer so you wouldn't know',
but in a nice way, and I was like, thinking to myself of course,
'Too right! There is no way I'd have stayed in Japan for so long if I'd bought into the sacrifice your much-deserved vacation time for the children's club activities in the summer and so on.'
The teachers here, I feel so sorry for them, they even come to school during vacation time because some little Kenji or Kyoko wants to half-heartedly play badminton or draw comic characters.
For the parents, it's fab, and if I had to have kids, like really had to have kids, then I'd want my child to go to a Japanese school because the school looks after them, even in the vacation time.
I'd be totally encouraging my kid to join ping pong club, that's for sure.
'There's a dear, off you go, don't forget your paddle'.
No comments:
Post a Comment