Tuesdays are light at work.
(He he he .... a kid is getting bollocked in the Bollocking Room next to this room. Yay, it's the two girls who have completely stopped studying in my class, and other classes. Bollock on! )
Oops, tigression.
So yah, Tuesdays are really light, with just two classes, which means I can have Super Ranting Sessions on the blog, and share with y'all my lunch today.
Yesterday I bought a Beef and Japanese Radish Salad for half price - $2. The beef came from Argentina, which is pretty impressive, to travel all that distance to The Far East.

I often mention things like this to the students, to get them thinking about where their food comes from, like out of the blue will say, 'I can't believe that the tin of tomatoes I bought yesterday from Domi came from Chile!'
Chew on this:
Anyway, you will notice the pretty Bento Box in the photos and the pretty multi-use handkerchief.
I bought the Bento Box for 80 cents - it's good quality, has a nice weight to it, and is Made in Japan - and the hanky for a buck, also Made in Japan, and both purchased from recycle shops.
So I put the Beef and Daikon Salad on one level, and some Homemade Japanese-style Fried Chicken on the other level, placed upon a bed of fresh basil, as one does.
(He he he .... a kid is getting bollocked in the Bollocking Room next to this room. Yay, it's the two girls who have completely stopped studying in my class, and other classes. Bollock on! )
Oops, tigression.
So yah, Tuesdays are really light, with just two classes, which means I can have Super Ranting Sessions on the blog, and share with y'all my lunch today.
Yesterday I bought a Beef and Japanese Radish Salad for half price - $2. The beef came from Argentina, which is pretty impressive, to travel all that distance to The Far East.

I often mention things like this to the students, to get them thinking about where their food comes from, like out of the blue will say, 'I can't believe that the tin of tomatoes I bought yesterday from Domi came from Chile!'
Chew on this:
The highest value of net grocery imports is to Japan. Imports to Japan are one and a half times the value of those to the second largest importer, China. Further, the population of China is ten times larger than Japan. So, per person living there, Japan imports (net) sixteen times more groceries than China.
Anyway, you will notice the pretty Bento Box in the photos and the pretty multi-use handkerchief.
| Once again, I employed a body double for my hand. |
I bought the Bento Box for 80 cents - it's good quality, has a nice weight to it, and is Made in Japan - and the hanky for a buck, also Made in Japan, and both purchased from recycle shops.
So I put the Beef and Daikon Salad on one level, and some Homemade Japanese-style Fried Chicken on the other level, placed upon a bed of fresh basil, as one does.
3 comments:
That's an awesome Bento box for that price. Love it and the food looks yummy too!
The box is actually quite beautiful - dark green, gold flecks, and it must have cost way more than 80 cents when it was new, that's for sure. Indeed, it still seemed new.
Flied, surely.
Looks yumi, regardless.
Post a Comment