Saturday, December 17, 2011

Night Camper

I'm consumed with nerves.
I can't explain.
I suppose it's because my life has been lived in controlled circumstances and conditions this past four months.
I guess I can explain.
Doh.
And I can only cope when it's under control these days.


But soon my life will be laid bare to elements that I cannot control and this makes me nervous.
It is the antithesis of how I lived life up till relatively recently, this needing to 'be sure', needing 'to know', yet it is what I have become after this past few years, where the most important things I held sacred got put through a mangle Made in Reality. Fck reality. Give me La La Land any day.
My first flower photo with the new camera

I do like my new camera though.
I went for a short bike ride earlier and took some pics in 'fisheye' mode.

I  bought a pretty skirt for $2 which has useful pockets.

I feel that this skirt is going to define my first year of freedom.
I hope I get to put all kinds of fun things in its pockets.
I bought a pretty bag for a buck, too.

I can never have enough bags like this, especially once I'm a traveler again.
You can put your smalls in them, sex toys, hankies, whatever.
Check out the traffic.

The traffic is only like this on the weekends.
They are heading towards the mall.
All those people stuck in traffic, on their day off, having worked Monday to Friday to earn money to pay for the vehicle they end up sitting in for hours at a time, it's just grim. In a city world, give me a bike. You only need cars if you live in the boondocks and there is no decent transportation system available.


And as you can see, ET's back.

I could write about Downy but I'll save the details for another day.

3 comments:

Rhys said...

Is "breathless anticipation" too strong a term?

Perhaps.

Today is my younger nephew's 17th birthday. His brother turns 19 on Dec. 27.

It sucks a bit to have birthdays orbiting Christmas.

222 said...

Yes, too strong a term.
After so long alone, I am not sure how I will react.

Yep, it sure does suck to be a Christmas baby.

judith said...

Jolea's b'day is the 20th... Cute skirt, nice bag, traffic looked the same here.