Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas

Just getting a quick blogging fix, as it's hard to suddenly have to hit Cold Turkey mode, plus folks are doin' other stuff right now so I have some time.

I'm preparing the Christmas Feast today.
I haven't planned so it's all rather simple.
Eggnog

I jazzed the stuffing up with bacon, fresh apple, fresh herbs and cranberries.

I rubbed fresh herbs and butter on the turkey and layered some smoked maple bacon across the top.
Will serve with Perfect Roast Potatoes, just like my mum used to make.

Got some lovely presents; a selection of nice booze, a new camera that has GPS on it!!!!!!! - it's awesome...you can be anywhere in the world and get your location....I'm tigressing......plus lots of other fab stuff, including a wad of cash from Miss Daisy, which was just WOW.
Still looking a bit pale and pasty but taken with new camera on cuisine setting.

So yah, Medley of Perfect Roast Potatoes With Fresh Rosemary and Garlic Baked Green Beans in Olive Oil to accompany.

3 comments:

judith said...

Merry Christmas to you and those in your company. Hope you have a very lovely vacation.

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Merry Christmas M x

Rhys said...

Jeez, the one time you really need that bag. Enjoy your feast. It looks appropriately feasty.

I think I received that brand of chocolate in the 85% cocoa version for Christmas. I like it very dark. It went well with the Irish single malt (!) my nephews gave me for Xmas. Bless those boys.