Monday, December 12, 2011

getsuyobi blues

Somewhat busy day today - like I know what 'busy' means - what with there being a slight schedule change.
40 minute classes on Thursday.
Mon, Tues, Wed, next week: half days. Yeah!
Thursday - Vacation starts. Thank fck.
I am not relaxed though because I don't know how I will be able to handle company, after so much time living in my own head.
I also know what I need to hear to be happy, and if I don't hear it, I will get on a bus to Mexico.
One thing I'm proud of in life, is being a woman who has her own substance to survive on, should things go wrong.
I sound more negative than positive but I no longer believe in Fairy Tales when I am not the writer, director and producer of such productions, and therefore I cannot get my hopes up yet, not until it becomes real.
Yes, I am feeling down today, but I always feel this way on Mondays.
It's probably a global Monday default thing.

The second bar of chocolate (I ate the other one) meant for a kid in the junior high class, which I tore into on Friday, and of which half still remains, will help ease me into the morning, along with a plunger of coffee.
The kid had his chance - twice - to come and get the chocolate.
Can't wait to tell him I ate this bar, too.
Evil roar.
Oh yes, I am finally going to treat myself to some good quality coffee for this final week of school.
I shall buy some on the way home, along with a decent bottle of Scotch, also a treat because it's the Season To Be Jolly and so on.
One of these, not sure which one, I usually get the Islay.

2 comments:

birdsnbugs said...

Sitting here sipping a Dewars.

I haven't heard of McClelland's except as a saddle. Generally, an Islay will be a peatier scotch, like Laphroaig.

The characteristics of the Speyside are lighter and more subtle but, Glenmorangie, Balvenie and Glenfiddich are speysides.

Highland just sounds a bit generic since the Spey flows through the highlands.

I have no idea what the lowland malt woud be.

Rhys said...

Paint thinner, if memory serves.

The McClelland's Islay is in my cupboard. It's cheap for a single-malt (no doubt part of the Perkins favour), and really might make a good 6.5/7 out of 10, which Laphroaig being near the top, along with Ardbeg and Caol Ila right up there with them.

Bowmore's a little light for me, along I like Lagavulin well enough.

Talisker's the only non-Islay I favour, along with Red Breast, an Irish pot-distilled whiskey that I quite enjoy around this time of the year.