It was supposed to rain today, but there was a break in the clouds, so I went out, but it started raining.
Anyway, I got wet,
....came home, decorated a hardback 100 Yen notebook with some fish stickers that came with the other house (when I travel, I'm always wanting to keep notes)
.....bought a blue poncho for a buck to keep me as dry as possible as I cycled 'home',
..... got home, had a shower, washed my hair, and have just remembered that on my way across town, I popped into a little recycle shop, a tiny place, that I had only ever cycled past before without entering, and I imagined that it was owned by a woman in her 60's, just the image I had, but actually the owner was a smiley man in his 60's, in this tiny, tiny little shop space, full of old fashioned Japanese toys and knick knacks that he was really proud of, you know, total organised chaos with something for anyone who steps through the tiny door, into the tiny genkan, and up the step, into the tiny room, and he was such a lovely, engaging man, we nattered a bit, I bought two tiny candle holders (50 cents each) - a love heart and a Christmas tree - a glass cat mobile ($1) and Yak ($1)
because I want to go to Mongolia.
I guess I bought him for inspiration because I'd love to leave Japan in March via ferry from Hokkaido, over to Russia, into China, and up to Mongolia, and so on.
And there you have it.
Please feel free to leave a non-sycophantic comment.
I can take it.
Even from friends.
Anyway, I got wet,
....came home, decorated a hardback 100 Yen notebook with some fish stickers that came with the other house (when I travel, I'm always wanting to keep notes)
.....bought a blue poncho for a buck to keep me as dry as possible as I cycled 'home',
..... got home, had a shower, washed my hair, and have just remembered that on my way across town, I popped into a little recycle shop, a tiny place, that I had only ever cycled past before without entering, and I imagined that it was owned by a woman in her 60's, just the image I had, but actually the owner was a smiley man in his 60's, in this tiny, tiny little shop space, full of old fashioned Japanese toys and knick knacks that he was really proud of, you know, total organised chaos with something for anyone who steps through the tiny door, into the tiny genkan, and up the step, into the tiny room, and he was such a lovely, engaging man, we nattered a bit, I bought two tiny candle holders (50 cents each) - a love heart and a Christmas tree - a glass cat mobile ($1) and Yak ($1)
because I want to go to Mongolia.
I guess I bought him for inspiration because I'd love to leave Japan in March via ferry from Hokkaido, over to Russia, into China, and up to Mongolia, and so on.
And there you have it.
Please feel free to leave a non-sycophantic comment.
I can take it.
Even from friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment