Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What If The World Said 'Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyaow'



There's this one girl in a high school class, I have always liked her even though she's given up on studying, have always seen that there's potential there, and so on, she's part of the 'cool clique' in the class, I've separated them so they don't chat, and now she just sits there and flagrantly plays with her phone under the desk.

I told her today that, as she had at least another 70 years of life left, that she had plenty of time to use the phone to her heart's content, but in my class time, not to touch it, or I will tell the teacher who is strict about things like this and who will totally bollock her if he finds out that she's on the phone for 50 minutes per class. Even I pull my skirt down to just above my knees when he's around.
My favourite bed in the world

This got a rise out of her.
She retorted, 'I'm not on it for 50 mins!', and I replied, 'Well, 40 minutes then, whatever, you have the rest of your life to fck around on a stupid phone, so don't do it now.'
Pedicure by Salon Distressed

I then told the class - directed at her, of course - that I was a moody, insolent kant of a kid up to the age of 15, a true teacher's nightmare, that I refused to study and so on, but at 15 suddenly realised that, no matter how crappy my life was outside of school, the future lay ahead, and if I wanted a better future, then I'd better start utilising this chance at getting an education, and stop being such a shit to the teachers, and ultimately, to myself.

I hope my candid openness, which is one and the same thing, got the message across.

No comments: