Whilst any child of mine would have had decent table manners, I would have been unable to protect my kid from 'the rest', and it seems that these days 'the rest' is the 99%, hence I decided not to breed.
Fast forward to just now.
It was a bad move on my part to allow two teenage kids (read as, should know by now how to eat nicely) to use my classroom to have their lunch in, as I was in there at the time, having needed to escape from feeding time at the zoo in the teachers room, so, basically, I stabbed myself in the eye with a chopstick by allowing them to have their lunch in my room, cos they were little pigs, shoveling rice balls into their gobs like there was no ashita and talking with each mouthful - silent when their mouths were empty - then jabbering away once their mouths were crammed full of rice again.
Uh, totally gross.
If your kid eats like a pig and you allow him/her to get away with it for lame reasons like,
'Awww, he's hungry' or
'Awww, it just shows how much he loves my food',
then shame on you.
Don't answer this because it's too depressing, but am I the only person out there who appreciates and respects good table manners? It feels like it.
Rant over.
Fast forward to just now.
It was a bad move on my part to allow two teenage kids (read as, should know by now how to eat nicely) to use my classroom to have their lunch in, as I was in there at the time, having needed to escape from feeding time at the zoo in the teachers room, so, basically, I stabbed myself in the eye with a chopstick by allowing them to have their lunch in my room, cos they were little pigs, shoveling rice balls into their gobs like there was no ashita and talking with each mouthful - silent when their mouths were empty - then jabbering away once their mouths were crammed full of rice again.
Uh, totally gross.
If your kid eats like a pig and you allow him/her to get away with it for lame reasons like,
'Awww, he's hungry' or
'Awww, it just shows how much he loves my food',
then shame on you.
Don't answer this because it's too depressing, but am I the only person out there who appreciates and respects good table manners? It feels like it.
Rant over.
4 comments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29iPMa1YdW4&feature=related
gawd i so agree with this! i also see it quite a bit on evening tv programs where geinojin eat food on the show... they constantly make over-the-top exclamations with open mouths full of food. f#&kin disgusting and something that kids come to see as acceptable behaviour. however, i think it's primarily due to not being taught good table manners at home growing up, reinforced by the media.
I concur. I'm sure a lot of the kids get their gross 'riceball in gob whilst talking' manners from the TV, as do their parents.
I had to stop watching J-TV years ago, indeed, I watch zero TV, but used to watch it in Japan to help me learn Japanese - was a big fan of 'Shuwa News', Kyo No Ryori and Sazae-san, but had to stop in the end because even the news would rile me; for a 'shy' race of people, they sure do know how to make a racket, even when relaying merely the news.
10 years huh.
A mere kodomo.
;)
Ganbarre!
R - I haven't watched it yet because I am sure it's full of fork biting. ;)
Post a Comment