I'm going to start going places on the weekends, beyond the usual bike jaunts, because This.Is.It and I need to start experiencing Japan before I leave.
Pre-summer it was impossible to do day trips because the weather was crap. I'm not a lover of heat, even though I want to sail in tropical zones.
Autumn and winter in Japan are perfect seasons for walking.
I've found a good source for hikes in this area and will try Otaki Gorge this coming weekend.
The more things I see before I leave, and the more things I do, the better I'll feel about this year. NOT. But I can at least try.
And then there's the skiing.
Bring it on.
Right. Time to teach.
4 comments:
Beautiful sights, take advantage of them! I am reminded of our year we spent in Memphis. Wasted time... all we did was go to work (Jody), kids to school, and me sitting on the bed upstairs watching QVC, no wonder I almost went mad. The only sights we saw was a drive by of Elvis' house, and when we crossed over the Mississippi River (2 times, moving there and leaving there.) Yeah, that was something to put in the old scrapbook.
He he he. The image of you in Memphis.
Yeah, my day consisted of walking the kids to the bus stop, going home, working out for an hour, going upstairs and watching QVC until it was time to meet the kids at the stop again. I NEVER purchased anything from QVC the whole year. I just watched. What a wasted year!!!!
LOL!
Post a Comment