Monday, November 21, 2011

Pressure To Put On Weight Is Why We've Got The Red Sweatsuits

Kids in this school either eat in the canteen, bring a 'bento', or if they are in the junior high - we only have 30 kids - they can order in a bento.

The teacher next to me still takes a minute to figure out that I am joking whenever he comes in of a morning and relays to the teacher who orders the bentos how many bentos his class wants - are you still awake - and more often than not, he says,
'Zero bento desu',
and I always say, ' You can tell we're in a recession. Poor kids.'

He just this minute told me that on Thursday the teachers are having their pics taken, and I said, 'For the police files?'
He never, ever gets my jokes. That fact in itself makes such moments funny.


In other news, I have a confession to make.
Children are like boats.
How do I know this?
Well, it is clear that I have a lot of free time right now, especially with the internet at my school desk, and no, I refuse to read Julian or Balkan Ghosts at school, so I study Japanese kanji instead. Not.
What I've been doing recently - yeah, go get that straitjacket - is visit a site used by 'mums'.
I heard it mentioned during a BBC Podcast the other day that had some women complaining about the hardship that comes with juggling work and kids, and decided to go have a bit of a peruse of the referred site.

I tell ya, if you're sitting on the edge of the fence when it comes to thinking about whether or not to have kids, then a visit to this site probably has similar results to taking youth, considering a lifetime of smoking cigarettes, for a day trip to a lung cancer ward in a hospital.

I thought my life was hard, given that I no longer have somebody to scratch and massage my head, that my only company has become a hot water bottle, sometimes two, that I live in a mostly emotionally bereft society, and well, my life is a DREAM compared to the lives of- names had to be deleted because of Orwelian rules.

This interesting paraphrase about the woman who got carpet burn on her forehead cos her husband has a big beer belly also had to be deleted because of copyright laws.

The interesting thing is the number of people who use it.
Hundreds and thousands.
These women get a lot of support from each other.
It's pretty cool.
He he. Can you see the burn mark where I put down a hot 'toaster' grill thingy.



What about this poor woman, sorry, can't post it here, copyright laws.







Like wtf!!!!
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky. I'm gonna quit my bitchin' about stupid shit like, 'The Pinotage 2010 is crap compared to the 2008 and the 2009.'







6 comments:

ROICS said...

The beer belly, carpet burn head, doggy style people made me spit my tea.

222 said...

You just nearly made me prematurely release my evening coffee enema with your comment.

ROICS said...

ha ha! Oh dear Maria. You are forever installing images in my head that I have to erase.

Rhys said...

Are you sure it's a good idea to seek out reading material/websites that set you off? I mean, you are hardly going to learn much or improve your mood reading about breeding.

222 said...

'set me off'?
Far from it.
I go there to realise that my life is a DREAM.
Oh, and I have about 18 hours a day to fill and I don't want to spend ALL of that time 'learning' - I do my bit for the brain, believe me, about 200% more learning than the average 43 year old woman out there, that's for sure, and this site is learning, believe me.

judith said...

damn, I missed it.