Boy, do I have fun in class.
The kids have no idea how lucky they are to have had me as their English teacher.
They have no idea what the alternative to me would have been like.
It's like when you are given the best job in town first, without having to work your way into the best job, you never know how lucky you are, you don't appreciate your job as much as if you'd had a shit job to begin with.
So, like I just said, they have no idea how lucky they are to have me.
Yeah, tooting my own horn, but fck, I'm a great teacher, real crazy, quick and witty, so fck off and let me pat myself on the back.
I only have one class where I feel like a failure but I don't think that's my fault because the class has issues with every single teacher.
Saying that, about 13 of the kids are trying really hard, and I've sat them towards the front, so that I can focus on them, instead of wasting time on the zombies, and I see them smile behind their masks, so I think I'm getting through finally, even though it's been quite a slog with that class.
And then this morning, one of the junior high kids started speaking English to me right off the bat.
Made me feel real proud to be her teacher.
She's the kid who gave me her elementary school bag.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that another kid yesterday came and offered me her and her sister's old elementary school bags. So now I have three. Two of which will eventually make their way to two lucky friends who expressed keen interest in such bags.
The kids have no idea how lucky they are to have had me as their English teacher.
They have no idea what the alternative to me would have been like.
It's like when you are given the best job in town first, without having to work your way into the best job, you never know how lucky you are, you don't appreciate your job as much as if you'd had a shit job to begin with.
So, like I just said, they have no idea how lucky they are to have me.
Yeah, tooting my own horn, but fck, I'm a great teacher, real crazy, quick and witty, so fck off and let me pat myself on the back.
I only have one class where I feel like a failure but I don't think that's my fault because the class has issues with every single teacher.
Saying that, about 13 of the kids are trying really hard, and I've sat them towards the front, so that I can focus on them, instead of wasting time on the zombies, and I see them smile behind their masks, so I think I'm getting through finally, even though it's been quite a slog with that class.
And then this morning, one of the junior high kids started speaking English to me right off the bat.
Made me feel real proud to be her teacher.
She's the kid who gave me her elementary school bag.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that another kid yesterday came and offered me her and her sister's old elementary school bags. So now I have three. Two of which will eventually make their way to two lucky friends who expressed keen interest in such bags.
2 comments:
As I mentioned on FB
You should start a "BP Recycle Club"
Might get enough to get one for meeeeeeeee. I want oneeeeee.
Some cheese, too, with my whine :))
Mata ne
Liz
Yoo Hoo... who can knit your knee socks in trade for a bag?
Post a Comment