I love my new computer and stopped in at the recycle shop on the way 'home' to buy some kind of cheap backpack. Bought a totally naff 'Stussy' naff naff naff thing for 156 yen, but it will do the trick.
It's horrible, not that I've ever cared what I look like, despite becoming a global trendsetter - not the dog - but this graffiti looking design gives me the chav creeps.
In other news, wtf, why would a shop take the best years of a wine - 2007 and 2008 in this case, pardon the pun, and the radio just said 'case' when I thought that - totally replace the shelf with 2010, which needs wayyy more time to mature, and then all of a sudden the bargain bin is full of 2007 and 2008, precisely the wine I have been hankering for for a fcking month. South African Pinotage.
So I bought 3 bottles of this excellent wine in the bargain bin, and stupidly raved about it to people who would otherwise have ignored me, leading to 3 people nabbing a bottle, too. Talk about shooting myself in the foot, because at 30% off, I scored this wine for under 500 yen. And it's damn good.
In other pointless news, I'm still really stoked about catching up with my old student.
I really felt that she really liked me, that she had lots of good memories from the classes, I mean, she even hugged me twice - imagine a Japanese person doing that - and I'm just so damn chuffed to have made a difference to such a cool chick.
Japan is so emotionally frozen compared to the rest of the world, and I am reminded of this when I come into contact with even 'half' Japanese.
Thank fck the Brazilian half takes over and saves them from having 'the walk' or the narrow vision.
Deborah was saying,
'I always remember you buying your clothes for next to nothing etc and that's how I am, I mean, look at what I am wearing today (she looked great, by the way), -and pointing to her two friends, she continued, -' The other day we met and when they saw what I was wearing, which was this sweater, they made me go and buy something new, but I love this sweater and in Brazil we don't really make such a big deal about our clothes, we are who we are.'
I hear ya, girl.
When it comes down to it, if you are liked for what you say and for your actions, it beats being liked just because you are wearing the latest whatever.
I've never understood the shoe thing or the bag thing or the having a different thing to wear each weekend thing.
I've always worn exactly the same thing, each and every weekend, or each and every school day, and I really don't give a toss what people think, because how I think is far more important than how I look.
Which is why I don't get blogs like C Whateverhernameis, the vacuousness of it all, it makes me feel seasick.
I can't imagine what 'going for a coffee' with somebody like that would be like.
And anyway, fck coffee. I NEVER do coffee. Such a waste of money. Unless in cheap places, like Mexico or South East Asia, but I would never, ever, ever pay more than a buck 50 for a coffee.
No way.
Fck that.
I'm tigressing.
The point of this post is to say that I love my new bike, I love how smooth it rides.
I love riding bikes.
When I am with my lover, and we are driving around in the truck or the 50mpg car thingy (we sleep in them too, we don't need no fancy hotels), I must say that I miss being up close to the world, that closeness you get by being on a bike, but, saying that, I love more how off the beaten track we can get with a non-gas guzzling 4 wheel drive.
I have been spoilt in my life. Regardless of the fact that I have suffered emotionally this past few years, I have also been shown some of the most beautiful places on the planet, via motorbike, via truck, and all the while camping, usually either sleeping raw under the stars, or in the back of the vehicles, and wow, I often say to myself, that if I hadn't had the guts to buy a boat, to move to Mexico, all alone, then I would never have met new people in my life, who gave me such wonderful experiences.
So even though I feel I have suffered these past few years, on and off, I have also had some unforgettable experiences that most people never get to experience because they don't 'move around'.
There aren't that many chicks out there who can rough it, that is for sure, I see it all the time in the boat yard, men bemoaning that their women want to stay in a hotel while the boat is in the yard. Not me. I love simple, I love not having to spend money on merely a roof.
Anyway, I just wrote to my guy and told him that I am not the only cool chick out there, that the student I met today was intelligent and beautiful, and that he has to think deeply about wanting me, because I have never been beautiful, slightly attractive, yes, but I've lost my looks this year, the evidence is etched in lines upon my face, and so I have asked him to dump me immediately if he thinks that I won't keep him happy for the rest of his days, because he can go where he wants, do want he wants, forever, and I dunno, me? I am no longer attractive and I hate my fcking hair.
It's horrible, not that I've ever cared what I look like, despite becoming a global trendsetter - not the dog - but this graffiti looking design gives me the chav creeps.
In other news, wtf, why would a shop take the best years of a wine - 2007 and 2008 in this case, pardon the pun, and the radio just said 'case' when I thought that - totally replace the shelf with 2010, which needs wayyy more time to mature, and then all of a sudden the bargain bin is full of 2007 and 2008, precisely the wine I have been hankering for for a fcking month. South African Pinotage.
| And one Cab-Shiz Oz |
So I bought 3 bottles of this excellent wine in the bargain bin, and stupidly raved about it to people who would otherwise have ignored me, leading to 3 people nabbing a bottle, too. Talk about shooting myself in the foot, because at 30% off, I scored this wine for under 500 yen. And it's damn good.
| I had to move the furniture around to suit the computer connection lead thingy and the fact that the plug thing was on the opposite side of the new computer |
In other pointless news, I'm still really stoked about catching up with my old student.
I really felt that she really liked me, that she had lots of good memories from the classes, I mean, she even hugged me twice - imagine a Japanese person doing that - and I'm just so damn chuffed to have made a difference to such a cool chick.
Japan is so emotionally frozen compared to the rest of the world, and I am reminded of this when I come into contact with even 'half' Japanese.
Thank fck the Brazilian half takes over and saves them from having 'the walk' or the narrow vision.
Deborah was saying,
'I always remember you buying your clothes for next to nothing etc and that's how I am, I mean, look at what I am wearing today (she looked great, by the way), -and pointing to her two friends, she continued, -' The other day we met and when they saw what I was wearing, which was this sweater, they made me go and buy something new, but I love this sweater and in Brazil we don't really make such a big deal about our clothes, we are who we are.'
I hear ya, girl.
When it comes down to it, if you are liked for what you say and for your actions, it beats being liked just because you are wearing the latest whatever.
I've never understood the shoe thing or the bag thing or the having a different thing to wear each weekend thing.
I've always worn exactly the same thing, each and every weekend, or each and every school day, and I really don't give a toss what people think, because how I think is far more important than how I look.
Which is why I don't get blogs like C Whateverhernameis, the vacuousness of it all, it makes me feel seasick.
I can't imagine what 'going for a coffee' with somebody like that would be like.
And anyway, fck coffee. I NEVER do coffee. Such a waste of money. Unless in cheap places, like Mexico or South East Asia, but I would never, ever, ever pay more than a buck 50 for a coffee.
No way.
Fck that.
I'm tigressing.
The point of this post is to say that I love my new bike, I love how smooth it rides.
I love riding bikes.
When I am with my lover, and we are driving around in the truck or the 50mpg car thingy (we sleep in them too, we don't need no fancy hotels), I must say that I miss being up close to the world, that closeness you get by being on a bike, but, saying that, I love more how off the beaten track we can get with a non-gas guzzling 4 wheel drive.
I have been spoilt in my life. Regardless of the fact that I have suffered emotionally this past few years, I have also been shown some of the most beautiful places on the planet, via motorbike, via truck, and all the while camping, usually either sleeping raw under the stars, or in the back of the vehicles, and wow, I often say to myself, that if I hadn't had the guts to buy a boat, to move to Mexico, all alone, then I would never have met new people in my life, who gave me such wonderful experiences.
So even though I feel I have suffered these past few years, on and off, I have also had some unforgettable experiences that most people never get to experience because they don't 'move around'.
There aren't that many chicks out there who can rough it, that is for sure, I see it all the time in the boat yard, men bemoaning that their women want to stay in a hotel while the boat is in the yard. Not me. I love simple, I love not having to spend money on merely a roof.
Anyway, I just wrote to my guy and told him that I am not the only cool chick out there, that the student I met today was intelligent and beautiful, and that he has to think deeply about wanting me, because I have never been beautiful, slightly attractive, yes, but I've lost my looks this year, the evidence is etched in lines upon my face, and so I have asked him to dump me immediately if he thinks that I won't keep him happy for the rest of his days, because he can go where he wants, do want he wants, forever, and I dunno, me? I am no longer attractive and I hate my fcking hair.
4 comments:
I like my booze as much as the next sailor, Perkins (except while I'm actually working the boat, during which I am sober as whatever something extremely sober is), but you might wish to review the high percentage of your travel snaps that feature bottles of alcohol in exotic places.
One might worry about the advisability of going up the hill, getting squiffy, and coming back down again.
Just a simple observation, and yes, I keep about 100 bottles of assorted liquors, wines and ports in the house at any given time and must drink with the missus three or four bottles of "pasta and/or chicken" red wine per week...i.e. I'm no saint or abstainer.
Also, about the "attractiveness" part. Your purported boyfriend looks his age, which I would guess is 10 to 12 years beyond you. He seems ordinary looking to serviceable, and so I wouldn't get the notion he is somehow doing him a favour by enduring your face, your TEN YEARS YOUNGER face.
Not to mention you've always appeared fit or near-fit. Trust me, beauty fades, but boring beautiful people don't improve with age, and remaining active, interested and game is far more attractive to the thoughtful gentleman than a pretty, if vapid, face.
Also, women in my experience get more adventuresome in bed in the 30s and 40s, because they don't care about "being seen as feminine" anymore, and prefer to just grab what they fancy, so to speak. You never get to really know a woman until you've seen her wake up in the morning, scratch herself, fart, and stagger to the bathroom, making no attempt to shut the door. Why?
Because she has the confidence to trust you and knows you won't judge her.
That's a bit of sexy, right there.
Master Rhys,
As ever, astute.
Eloquently expressed.
....On a different tack, I am pleaed you have been tempted to try Penderyn. I am sure you will not be disappointed.
Iechyd da!
Minos
I will never become uncouth, despite growing familiarity and trust.
Oh, the drink. Of course, when you are free, you are free to add creamer to your morning coffee, or to have picnics that last for hours, which would be bastardised if accompanied with a Coke. It's not like we're binge drinking down the pub.
Post a Comment