Before I settle down for the night to check up on all the orphans around the world that I sponsor, I just want to post something I found today whilst looking for the kind of whale that is native to Gamagori, where I saw this dead one yesterday.
Not to tigress, this is what I found, which I shall 'copy and paste' and granted it's 'old' news from 2002, but still, WTF!
Japan minister blames whales for starving millions
Not to tigress, this is what I found, which I shall 'copy and paste' and granted it's 'old' news from 2002, but still, WTF!
| I know. This photo hurts my eyes, too. I put it here to help you forget the above pic. |
Japan minister blames whales for starving millions
Japan's farm minister, defending his country's controversial scientific whaling programme, has suggested the giant ocean mammals are taking food from the mouths of millions of starving people worldwide.
"I wonder whether you know that whales consume more than three to five times the maritime resources (that humans do), or in terms of fish, 300 million to 450 million tonnes of fish," Agriculture Minister Tsutomu Takebe told a news conference on Thursday.
"I also have to point out that on the earth there are 800 million human beings who are undernourished."
Uh, okay.
I'm currently listening to a Podcast on Palm Oil. A third of oil in the world these days is palm oil.
It's a saturated fat. It is not good for us. But it is used in many foods now.
Palm oil is solid at room temperature.
Between a 1/4 and a 1/3 of deforestation in South East Asia is because of palm oil.
| Cycling rural Thailand |
Two words.
7 comments:
From the people who brought you "the Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere".
Most whales eat plankton, which is too small even for a Japanese to consider as food. The whole obsession with whales is like Americans with their guns: it transcends logic and easy understanding.
Hi was incest to read the commet made by the aggracultural minister of 2002.
Master Rhys; you make a most pertinent planktonic point and I concur with your evaluation, it would be totally lost on one such as 'Mr' Tsutomi Takebe......a prime example of an arrogant, intellectually barren animal possessing only the very crudest of thought processess. One wonders at what point in his 'mind' does his argument become redundant.
If he's still around (unfortunately) and on behalf of all the whales, I think we should club together and send him a hamper of FukitShimmers CVC
(.......Caesium Vintage, Champagne.)
Palm Oil..... with you on that, M, avoid it at all costs. Evil stuff. Incident, Its name is not derived from the plant, but from the dodgy deals done securing proliferation of plantations and destruction of natural habitat i.e. to oil ones palm. The cultivation of the land for planting is hugely damaging to the environment.
Lady Liz, eef yore listning, Thakn yew fore yaw greeting, most gracious. Hi wheel trie knot to be a strangler.
Manta ray.
........sea I peek hup the lingo pretty quark...
minOs
You are so funny, Minos, and I really must reply to you. This blog hides how low I have been feeling in real life and when I feel low, I find it hard to contact people. I'll write soon, I do appreciate your friendship.
You sure that's Indian Ayurveda Mud and not some enema stuff? ;)
My muscled spincter is in fine working order, thank you very much.
;)
Or should that be 'muscled spinnaker'?
I'm not sure I'm keen on either image, personally. If you find dogs startle when you pass wind, you may be too tense.
Post a Comment