Well, I say let kids lick the lollipops of kids who have chicken pox.
Who cares.
If you're a parent who thought this was a good idea in the first place, then all I have to say is,
'Survival of the fittest'.
It's like those parents in denial that their kids are fat bastards.
"It's muscle".
Yep, survival of the fittest.
Whilst I was cycling around yesterday, and I wish it had been in Thailand, all was fine, but when I popped into various stores to buy d'is and d'at, it was depressing.
That whole 'family in the mall' deal.
And then I fast forward to Monday and imagine millions of adults having to get up to go to work, and before becoming an adult, during the 'being a child' stage of their lives, millions of children suffering the school system and I thought to myself,
'I'm really happy to be 43. It's just going to get worse. One day pedestrians will only have 0.003% of a red light's time to cross, instead of the 100% we had last year, or the 50% we have this year."
I do not concur with the change in the crossing rules.
It discriminates against cyclists and people who walk and black people.
The other day, when I was in a large supermarket cum department store, the scene was frenetic.
Hundreds of people picking this or that off the shelves, pushing full shopping carts, standing in line to have their goods scanned, more often than ever before, using credit cards to pay for such groceries - an unseen thing just a couple of years ago - and I thought to myself, because I'm always fcking thinking this year,
"Oil made this possible. All these people. It was oil that made life easy, made breeding something people only vaguely consider the consequences of, made the hunting and gathering of food stuffs so damn fking easy."
And if the price of oil continues to rise, well, there are going to be consequences, consequences as monumentally consequential as default breeding leading to insane population growth, and one day this bizarre vision of mindless frenetic activity that I observed in the store the other day, and every day, will be replaced with panic, when people realise just how important it is to know how to pluck a chicken.
I'll be dead by then, so I won't care.
But what about the little children of today and their little children?
These are the thoughts of a crazy person.
Forgive me during this time in my life.
I like that though, Benchmark Year.
Thanks Minos. It gives the year some meaning, which is what I have been seeking, instead of the usual rant.
So kids, go suck that chickenpox infected lollipop.
I don't really care.
Right. Time for a steaming bowl of fresh noodles.
Who cares.
If you're a parent who thought this was a good idea in the first place, then all I have to say is,
'Survival of the fittest'.
![]() |
| Where I lived from 9-12 years old |
It's like those parents in denial that their kids are fat bastards.
"It's muscle".
![]() |
| Where I lived from 13-16. My mother planted that garden from scratch. It matured beautifully. |
Yep, survival of the fittest.
| Thailand |
Whilst I was cycling around yesterday, and I wish it had been in Thailand, all was fine, but when I popped into various stores to buy d'is and d'at, it was depressing.
That whole 'family in the mall' deal.
| Swabbing the concrete deck |
And then I fast forward to Monday and imagine millions of adults having to get up to go to work, and before becoming an adult, during the 'being a child' stage of their lives, millions of children suffering the school system and I thought to myself,
'I'm really happy to be 43. It's just going to get worse. One day pedestrians will only have 0.003% of a red light's time to cross, instead of the 100% we had last year, or the 50% we have this year."
| Jack's First Little Hurricane |
I do not concur with the change in the crossing rules.
It discriminates against cyclists and people who walk and black people.
| My First Little Hurricane |
The other day, when I was in a large supermarket cum department store, the scene was frenetic.
Hundreds of people picking this or that off the shelves, pushing full shopping carts, standing in line to have their goods scanned, more often than ever before, using credit cards to pay for such groceries - an unseen thing just a couple of years ago - and I thought to myself, because I'm always fcking thinking this year,
"Oil made this possible. All these people. It was oil that made life easy, made breeding something people only vaguely consider the consequences of, made the hunting and gathering of food stuffs so damn fking easy."
![]() |
| I need me some Takuya Power to get through these dark thoughts about oil and all the problems it creates for the planet |
And if the price of oil continues to rise, well, there are going to be consequences, consequences as monumentally consequential as default breeding leading to insane population growth, and one day this bizarre vision of mindless frenetic activity that I observed in the store the other day, and every day, will be replaced with panic, when people realise just how important it is to know how to pluck a chicken.
I'll be dead by then, so I won't care.
But what about the little children of today and their little children?
These are the thoughts of a crazy person.
Forgive me during this time in my life.
I like that though, Benchmark Year.
Thanks Minos. It gives the year some meaning, which is what I have been seeking, instead of the usual rant.
So kids, go suck that chickenpox infected lollipop.
I don't really care.
Right. Time for a steaming bowl of fresh noodles.



1 comment:
I think most of us in this adult phase of our lives think about these things. We think about how did we let things get so screwed up? About why our parents allowed us to become the all consuming people that we are, when they were so frugal and resourceful? We also harbor some guilt (at least I do) that we have screwed things up so badly for our kids and their kids should they decide to have any.
So I agree with you, if someone wants to expose their child to a live virus then go ahead, just be aware of the outcome. Once you have Chicken Pox your chances of having Shingles when you get older (21 and up) go up greatly and shingles is VERY painful. Don't come whining to me.
Post a Comment