Sunday, November 6, 2011

Morning Camper

Great. The Star Wars hob has crapped out. I now have the slow cooker to cook with, and that's it, and it's slow.
It's taking ages to heat up some Thai Green Curry for breakfast this morning.
I would have painted this bridge that nice Japanese red colour. Maybe the blue paint was cheaper.

Yeah, I know, I'm up way too early. I woke up at 3am. Then stayed up. Kind of, sort of, I'm still in bed, channeling Koi Pond, waiting for my breakfast to slowly heat up, I guess this is 'slow food', who knows, all I know is that I have to buy a stove today, and I am thinking twice about going to the US this winter, and fck, I wish my life had never got this complicated.
I found the blue hanky thing on the street. It probably has jizz on it or something horrible, but whenever I see things that can be used, I pick them up and imagine how happy I would be if I found such a thing in a world where we'd lost everything, a world where the oil had run out and  it would be impossible to make something like this, without putting hours and hours, days even, of effort into it. By the way, having a sign on the front of the bike that screams, 'TOURIST' makes people treat you better cos they think that you are gonna go home soon, that you're not gonna stay in Japan.


I tigressed with the above comment, I get so carried away when I find things in the street, but the point of this paragraph is to go on and on and on about how I  feel so dead inside, so exhausted.

I realised that yesterday, the feeling tired thing, when I sat down for the picnic, and my soul just seemed so spent, and my heart was this beating lemon, and I felt like I hadn't slept in months, and I guess I haven't if waking up at 3am has been the norm, which it hasn't, it's been more like 4am, but still, I feel very old and worn these days.

I seek better times.
I wish I could start having something to look forward to regarding  the winter vacation.
I think it's working and then I get disappointed again, albeit over the simplest of things, but getting through this alone is tough,

 and I'm in that awful No Mans Land again. Do I? Don't I? Can I risk even one more ounce of sadness because something will get said or won't get said. Gah, I really wish I was counting down the days to something great, like I usually am. Sitting on this fence is making my butt sore.

I'm only pissed off because he didn't send an email to me this morning or ask me to call, you know, what with it being my only two days off each fcking week.
It's small things like this which set me off kilter.
Japan's 'Cinderella Slipper'



2 comments:

judith said...

First off, love the blue hankie reasoning, just wash it.
Second, that's a squat toilet? OMG, I would have to have a pick-up bumper mounted to something above it to hold on to. I can't go in a squatting position unless I have something to hang on to. Besides my OBGYN told me that the reason it's called a RESTROOM is b/c you are supposed to rest. So cover the seat with TP and sit down. Relax, if you are squatting, hovering, leaning to one side or tipping you are not relaxing and you are therefore not releasing all the urine from your bladder. When you don't release all the urine you not only keep toxins in your body you create little bulging pockets or "micky mouse ears" on your bladder. Sometimes called 'School Teacher Bladder' b/c so many teachers don't have the time during the day to go piss!

Rhys said...

The things one learns here. Really.