Shoot me but I am the 1%.
Beer and Fettuccine for breakfast and I had to look up how to spell 'fettuccine'.
What's your favourite kind of pasta?
I think I read that question at the end of one of the sleep-inducing blog entries of another 'Gaijin in Japan' the other day, indeed, I am not sure how I made it to the end of the blog post but after the, "What kind of pasta do you like?" enticement to the visiting reader to think about this, I very much doubt I will return.
I mean, come on, these are changing times, and this chick lives just a few clicks south of Fukushima, and all she could come up with was, 'What's your favourite kind of pasta?'
No dreams last night but slept deeply.
I woke up, checked some headlines, headed on over to a sailing forum, and wound up buying

as one does, after a friend on FB yesterday reminded me that books do indeed still exist, when he wrote, 'Wish I could curl up on the couch and read my book instead of having to go to work'.
Balkan Ghosts looks like an excellent read and it's on a region that I pretty much know fck all about.
The guy who recommended this also quoted from a book he's reading on Greece,
""Did you know Greek railways turn over 100M per year and pay out 400M in salaries (average salary is E65,000) and 300M in operating expenses!!"
No wonder they are in deep dooh dah.
Which reminded me of a Greek chick I met on a long bus journey in Turkey this year.
Her name was Maria and she was a kant. So it must be a name thing.
Anyway, she got on the bus with the notion that she would only pay 30 Turkish Lira (I love writing TL instead of Euro) for the 12 hour trip (damn long leg it was) because that is what she thought it was worth and 'she only had so much money to get back to Greece'.
Anyway, the price of the ticket was actually 65TL but she was adamant that she deemed the journey to be worth 30TL, anyway, Turks are so lovely and polite, and another passenger who could speak some English became her go-between at first, translating d'is and d'at to the perplexed yet supremely patient bus attendant, indeed, we were all perplexed, but the relentless kant stood her ground, even though the rest of us had had to pay 65TL, and they let her off with only paying the 30TL. WTF. I reckon she's Occupying some street somewhere right now.
We kinda got to know each other at various rest stops and she said she'd be interested in crewing with me one day.
Like WTF. No way. Anarchy is okay but not on my boat!
I tigressed.
The point of this post was to show you the pretty necklace I bought the other day for 20 cents!!!
It's really good quality. The Japanese are like that, getting rid of really nice things.
Yesterday was 'unburnable rubbish' day and there was so much treasure on the streets.
It broke my thrifty heart that I didn't have the time to rip open the bags and grab that briefcase or a pretty teapot.
Maybe next week.
Well, this post is long enough already.
Time to ponder what kind of pasta is my favourite.
Beer and Fettuccine for breakfast and I had to look up how to spell 'fettuccine'.
| Sunrise a few minutes ago |
I think I read that question at the end of one of the sleep-inducing blog entries of another 'Gaijin in Japan' the other day, indeed, I am not sure how I made it to the end of the blog post but after the, "What kind of pasta do you like?" enticement to the visiting reader to think about this, I very much doubt I will return.
| Persimmons resting on my sink drainer. I'm going to ripen them up and add them to curries |
I mean, come on, these are changing times, and this chick lives just a few clicks south of Fukushima, and all she could come up with was, 'What's your favourite kind of pasta?'
| Did you know that the reason why the western suburbs of Bangkok have been so affected by the floods is because they want to protect central Bangkok. At least my friend in the eastern suburbs is okay. |
No dreams last night but slept deeply.
I woke up, checked some headlines, headed on over to a sailing forum, and wound up buying
as one does, after a friend on FB yesterday reminded me that books do indeed still exist, when he wrote, 'Wish I could curl up on the couch and read my book instead of having to go to work'.
Balkan Ghosts looks like an excellent read and it's on a region that I pretty much know fck all about.
The guy who recommended this also quoted from a book he's reading on Greece,
""Did you know Greek railways turn over 100M per year and pay out 400M in salaries (average salary is E65,000) and 300M in operating expenses!!"
No wonder they are in deep dooh dah.
Which reminded me of a Greek chick I met on a long bus journey in Turkey this year.
Her name was Maria and she was a kant. So it must be a name thing.
| A random photo from Thailand |
Anyway, she got on the bus with the notion that she would only pay 30 Turkish Lira (I love writing TL instead of Euro) for the 12 hour trip (damn long leg it was) because that is what she thought it was worth and 'she only had so much money to get back to Greece'.
Anyway, the price of the ticket was actually 65TL but she was adamant that she deemed the journey to be worth 30TL, anyway, Turks are so lovely and polite, and another passenger who could speak some English became her go-between at first, translating d'is and d'at to the perplexed yet supremely patient bus attendant, indeed, we were all perplexed, but the relentless kant stood her ground, even though the rest of us had had to pay 65TL, and they let her off with only paying the 30TL. WTF. I reckon she's Occupying some street somewhere right now.
| Mexico |
We kinda got to know each other at various rest stops and she said she'd be interested in crewing with me one day.
Like WTF. No way. Anarchy is okay but not on my boat!
| Truthers welcome but no Greek anarchists, please |
I tigressed.
The point of this post was to show you the pretty necklace I bought the other day for 20 cents!!!
It's really good quality. The Japanese are like that, getting rid of really nice things.
| Live |
Yesterday was 'unburnable rubbish' day and there was so much treasure on the streets.
It broke my thrifty heart that I didn't have the time to rip open the bags and grab that briefcase or a pretty teapot.
Maybe next week.
Well, this post is long enough already.
Time to ponder what kind of pasta is my favourite.
5 comments:
When you say 're-use the Listerine for ages' you do mean save it and us it on your feet don't you... not to gargle with, right? It's also good to dab on a mosquito bite.
Yeah, just for the feet.
That's good to know about mozzy bites.
:)
Now.. I haf been wanteen to say How Much? we at EL Castella Minos enjoy the pichewers hof the Japanned land countryside and the urban areas too. Iz very hinterstin. Thnak yuo, and for those vid yo clipse. Did we role a round in the grate haul over them?
Pulse, is vrey nice to sea the arkive pitchers too from yaw travel in the varied countries of the whirld. Iz particle nice as Minos as yet has never been further than the post office in Bartling under the Needlewood Tree. Thank you also for continuing to blog in difficult times. iz much apprish.
Hand now, a little new sfrom the bowls of Castella MiNos. As ewe no, and sum of yaw followers may know, too, much already, Minos haf plans hof hizone to get a float and hafter extensive seaurchin hear and their and still knot fined the boat of hiss desire, Sew, at a resent bored meating it has been desided to give up the lookin .....how ever, this is not to be concluded as the give up and throw in the trowel lark. No. Oh contrick (wii, Minos oh fay a vac un petite Frencaise, oh sea! ) Moor anun.
pip, pip,
Robert Kaplan's a good read. You may like The Coming Anarchy: Shattering the Dreams of the Post Cold War. Vintage. ISBN 037570759X.
I also recommend Warrior Politics: Why Leadership Demands a Pagan Ethos. Vintage. ISBN 0375726276Warrior Politics: Why Leadership Demands a Pagan Ethos. Vintage. ISBN 0375726276
HOLA MINOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ewe haff bin much messed.
Donut be strange-er.
Mata ne
Liz
PS at least not strang-er than wot I is :)))
Post a Comment