Thursday, November 3, 2011

Maximus Holds The Patent

Day off today.
National Tai Chi Kant Day or NTC(kd) for short, one and the same thing.


Had high hopes - dream on - to head to the seaside, but instead feel like staying local, possibly buying myself some eyeglasses because my eyes don't see too well now that I'm having to cycle home in the dark after  school, so even though I'm cycling outside of  The Ring,  there is a chance I might hit and kill an elderly person, so I shall look into, pardon the pun, purchasing some glasses today.
I also need sunglasses but maybe I should wait till I go to America for Christmas.
I wonder if all my dreams will come true or if it will be more of the same?
Who knows.
But just to be on the safe side, whilst in Japan, I might as well refresh my wardrobe with dollar gear, as I don't want to leave merely clutching the 100 yen silicon take-anywhere cup that I bought the other day.
Cup erect

So yes, today will be local.
Eyeglass reconnaissance, 100 yen rack clothes perusing, and some local cycling, most likely with a lap or three around The Ring, cos no goatie fcker is gonna keep me out of it now, I mean, it was just my second time in there, and I'd seen this git before, standing there, looking like a prick doing his Tai Chi, and I actually thought to myself at the time, that first time I saw him, 'I bet he hates me for riding this bike anti-clockwise around The Ring'.
Anyway, time for a coffee enema, then a lingering bath, all in the name of sobering up after having a beer and half a bottle of dessert wine for breakfast.
Shoot me.
There are worse things happening in the grip of NATO and the sheeple who sail upon her.

1 comment:

Rhys said...

Jeez, I thought that was a new "keeper" for a sec.

43 year old eyes do sometimes react a little less well to the dark. A cheaper fix for the moment is to try light yellow safety glasses, like what you'd use in a workshop. Try that at night to reduce glare. Make sure they aren't more than lightly tinted. Might work and they are good for cloudy but bright days at sea.