I don't really have anything to say beyond the fact that I went for a four hour bike ride this afternoon.
I also did some SHINKING. It's fun even though it looks dumb. Remember, I am killing time.
It's akin to the feeling I used to get when I commuted in Tokyo and a super express train would zoom past the platform.
But Shinkansens are better, way better, cos they are going really, really fast, and BAM WHOOSH!
Whatever.
So I pretty much had a thoughtless day, until, that is, I wondered where The Little Children were.
I mean, I cycled all over the 'hood, indeed two 'hoods, and during the entire 4 hours of riding my bike, I saw 6 children playing outside.
6.
Just 6.
That's very devilish.
So I asked myself again, 'Where are the little children?'
Well, on the way home, I popped into a mall to buy some more woolen tights and some African Cream Liquor, and that is where I found the children.
Hundreds of them.
In the little game centres and play areas.
Hundreds upon hundreds.
With mothers patiently watching absolute BULLSHIT on a wide TV screen with some of the kids.
And fathers looking bored shitless sitting on benches staring into their iDenwas.
This vision of family life on the weekends made me feel broody.
NOT.
Seriously, is it really worth having kids if this is all they get up to in their free time, and well, as parents, what a life, stuck in these malls each weekend.
I'm sure it's worth it, else folks wouldn't have kids.
But I couldn't do it, and I don't believe that if it was my kid, that I'd suddenly be lobotomised enough to sit and smile and clap away to the absolute crap that was on the giant kiddies TV screen thing.
Na. If you're a parent and you have to suffer this shit, then well done for keeping your sanity.
Imagine being a husband or a wife who works full-time, and having to do this on the weekends for the sake of the little children.
Uh. No thanks.
Shoot me but na, I'm sorry, it seems like too much of a huge sacrifice just to bring up somebody who is gonna get on the 20-65 treadmill.
There are some countries where I have observed kids and familes and have thought,
'If I had to, I could do it here' because the kids still spend most of their time outdoors, playing in nature, and the parents live lives that aren't isolated in private moving vehicles or stuck behind doors that fully close to keep the glare off the TV screen within.
But not here.
Not if this.is.it.
This.is.family.time.
No way.
Condescending observation over.
| My favourite bus stop |
I also did some SHINKING. It's fun even though it looks dumb. Remember, I am killing time.
| Yak loved it |
It's akin to the feeling I used to get when I commuted in Tokyo and a super express train would zoom past the platform.
But Shinkansens are better, way better, cos they are going really, really fast, and BAM WHOOSH!
Whatever.
So I pretty much had a thoughtless day, until, that is, I wondered where The Little Children were.
| I used a body double for my hand |
I mean, I cycled all over the 'hood, indeed two 'hoods, and during the entire 4 hours of riding my bike, I saw 6 children playing outside.
6.
Just 6.
That's very devilish.
So I asked myself again, 'Where are the little children?'
Well, on the way home, I popped into a mall to buy some more woolen tights and some African Cream Liquor, and that is where I found the children.
Hundreds of them.
In the little game centres and play areas.
Hundreds upon hundreds.
| Pretty winter plum blossom |
With mothers patiently watching absolute BULLSHIT on a wide TV screen with some of the kids.
And fathers looking bored shitless sitting on benches staring into their iDenwas.
This vision of family life on the weekends made me feel broody.
NOT.
Seriously, is it really worth having kids if this is all they get up to in their free time, and well, as parents, what a life, stuck in these malls each weekend.
I'm sure it's worth it, else folks wouldn't have kids.
| Taking a break |
But I couldn't do it, and I don't believe that if it was my kid, that I'd suddenly be lobotomised enough to sit and smile and clap away to the absolute crap that was on the giant kiddies TV screen thing.
Na. If you're a parent and you have to suffer this shit, then well done for keeping your sanity.
Imagine being a husband or a wife who works full-time, and having to do this on the weekends for the sake of the little children.
Uh. No thanks.
Shoot me but na, I'm sorry, it seems like too much of a huge sacrifice just to bring up somebody who is gonna get on the 20-65 treadmill.
There are some countries where I have observed kids and familes and have thought,
'If I had to, I could do it here' because the kids still spend most of their time outdoors, playing in nature, and the parents live lives that aren't isolated in private moving vehicles or stuck behind doors that fully close to keep the glare off the TV screen within.
But not here.
Not if this.is.it.
This.is.family.time.
No way.
Condescending observation over.
2 comments:
Nice scarf.
It's a towel. LOL. $1. He he he.
Post a Comment