It feels good to be kinda sorta happy again.
Like I wrote in a comment below, I went all Fukushima and China Syndrome over nothing, just like what's happening 'up there' is 'nothing', according to the press.
So apologies for acting like a spoilt brat.
I am.
But that's buy the buy.
Boom boom.
Which is what I just did.
RETAIL THERAPY.
I finally found some Wellington boots that fit me.
Not that I've got big feet, not at all, I'm a 25, which is .5 of a size bigger than the cut-off 24.5 that ladies shoes go up to here, even though more and more women are reaching for the stars.
24.5 is a size 5 in the F.UK.
So what.
I need wellies for rainy days going to school, and for the snow I shall have to walk in this coming Yule.
950 yen reduced from 3980 yen, or so they say.
But the best score of all were the 4 tin-lined Pure Copper Mugs that I got for 105 yen each (around a buck).
We - channeling being a couple here - already have two smaller ones that I bought in Japan for 50 cents each back in 2008 - and which we - channeling being a couple again - used heaps of times in the cockpit and when camping.
Copper vessels retain the heat like there's no tomorrow.
For sure, two is enough, but with the price of copper on the rise, one can't have enough copper in one's life, and these mugs are bigger than the other ones and ideal for beer, mulled wine and so on. Such a hard life, huh.
Here's some copper price history for you, just to show that, whilst I might be a Kanty Konsumerist, I am an economically aware Kanty Konsumerist.
The price of copper per LB.
1959 - 30 cents
1970 - 60 cents (increase in the late 60's into early 70's due to demand from Vietnam War, which is called the American War in Vietnam.)
1974 - 80 cents
Mid-80's - 60 cents
1987 - 70 cents
1988 - $1.50
1989 - $1.70
1993 - 90 cents
1994 - $1.10
1995 - $1.90
1997 - $1.10
1998 70 cents
Copper reached a high of four bucks and change in 2008 and currently hovers around $3.30 a lb.
Now you know.
Also, keep your US pennies minted pre-1983. The copper in them is worth more than the 1 cent coin.
Did you know that 800 nearly-extinct giant snails froze to death in a New Zealand fridge last weekend.

Like wtf.
A faulty gauge caused the fridge temperature to fall to below zero and only 1 snail survived.
They had been taken from Mount Augustus into captivity before their habitat got mined for coal.

Fcking humans using so much power all the time.
Oh, and for the record, I have eaten one snail in my lifetime.
In Zimbabwe of all places.
I also scored some REAL Japanese incense from the recycle shop for a buck.
Its usual price is $7.
It's good.
I lit a stick and by the time I left the 'room' to go for Bike Ride Number 256 this year- we always live in 'rooms' in Japan - I was smelling like a well-off Japanese lady, who had just come from attending a tea ceremony in Kyoto.
Damn good stuff.
Nothing like real Japanese incense, that is for sure.
I also purchased a very nice quality photo frame for a buck.
It's heavy, it's well-made and it's going to be a Christmas present. If I become a true couple, I'd like to put a photo of us in it.
I got this little bag for 87 yen.
I love little bags like this. I'm always using them for this and that. I think I might put my sex toy in this one.
Well, that's all for now.
I'm feeling restless.
I had a self-induced crappy day.
It's been a long lonely year.
Yeah, cry me that koi pond.
I think I'll go for a walk.
Like I wrote in a comment below, I went all Fukushima and China Syndrome over nothing, just like what's happening 'up there' is 'nothing', according to the press.
So apologies for acting like a spoilt brat.
I am.
But that's buy the buy.
Boom boom.
Which is what I just did.
RETAIL THERAPY.
I finally found some Wellington boots that fit me.
| They're a bit Bet Lynch but hey, part of my empire is in Africa, so these boots fit the bill and I DO appreciate the Chinese laborer who made them |
Not that I've got big feet, not at all, I'm a 25, which is .5 of a size bigger than the cut-off 24.5 that ladies shoes go up to here, even though more and more women are reaching for the stars.
24.5 is a size 5 in the F.UK.
So what.
I need wellies for rainy days going to school, and for the snow I shall have to walk in this coming Yule.
950 yen reduced from 3980 yen, or so they say.
But the best score of all were the 4 tin-lined Pure Copper Mugs that I got for 105 yen each (around a buck).
| I initially bought 2 but returned to get the remaining two because copper is a precious commodity these days. I did a search on Amazon and mugs like this run at around $20 each. |
Copper vessels retain the heat like there's no tomorrow.
For sure, two is enough, but with the price of copper on the rise, one can't have enough copper in one's life, and these mugs are bigger than the other ones and ideal for beer, mulled wine and so on. Such a hard life, huh.
Here's some copper price history for you, just to show that, whilst I might be a Kanty Konsumerist, I am an economically aware Kanty Konsumerist.
The price of copper per LB.
1959 - 30 cents
1970 - 60 cents (increase in the late 60's into early 70's due to demand from Vietnam War, which is called the American War in Vietnam.)
1974 - 80 cents
Mid-80's - 60 cents
1987 - 70 cents
1988 - $1.50
1989 - $1.70
1993 - 90 cents
1994 - $1.10
1995 - $1.90
1997 - $1.10
1998 70 cents
Copper reached a high of four bucks and change in 2008 and currently hovers around $3.30 a lb.
Now you know.
Also, keep your US pennies minted pre-1983. The copper in them is worth more than the 1 cent coin.
Did you know that 800 nearly-extinct giant snails froze to death in a New Zealand fridge last weekend.
Like wtf.
A faulty gauge caused the fridge temperature to fall to below zero and only 1 snail survived.
They had been taken from Mount Augustus into captivity before their habitat got mined for coal.
Fcking humans using so much power all the time.
Oh, and for the record, I have eaten one snail in my lifetime.
In Zimbabwe of all places.
| Out and proud chaos |
I also scored some REAL Japanese incense from the recycle shop for a buck.
Its usual price is $7.
It's good.
I lit a stick and by the time I left the 'room' to go for Bike Ride Number 256 this year- we always live in 'rooms' in Japan - I was smelling like a well-off Japanese lady, who had just come from attending a tea ceremony in Kyoto.
Damn good stuff.
Nothing like real Japanese incense, that is for sure.
I also purchased a very nice quality photo frame for a buck.
It's heavy, it's well-made and it's going to be a Christmas present. If I become a true couple, I'd like to put a photo of us in it.
I got this little bag for 87 yen.
I love little bags like this. I'm always using them for this and that. I think I might put my sex toy in this one.
Well, that's all for now.
I'm feeling restless.
I had a self-induced crappy day.
It's been a long lonely year.
Yeah, cry me that koi pond.
I think I'll go for a walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment