I was just reading a piece on Phillip Gould, a Labour Party strategist who died the other day after a two year battle with cancer. What stood out in words from his final interview was how, having entered 'The Death Zone' after learning that he had no longer than 3 months left to live, he suddenly felt the intensity of life, merely looking out of the window, or at his family, brought home that intensity, and that is what I have been feeling recently each time I get on my bike for the 35 minute ride to and from school- albeit fighting my own emotional battles this year - this feeling of intensity, of life all around me, of how much I love life, despite the sadness and loneliness I have felt this year, and that I am lucky to be alive, because the world, even urban Japan, is a beautiful place to be, indeed, it is a very special place because there aren't too many places like this, and we made it here, so best make the most of it.
A yearlong conversation with myself and nothing else. Shamisen twangs while I earn $222 a day to help pay for my future dream hair extensions, a Mulberry bag and buttock implants. *This blog has been rated Ca by Moody's Investors Service*
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
I Don't Think Like A Kant All The Time
I was just reading a piece on Phillip Gould, a Labour Party strategist who died the other day after a two year battle with cancer. What stood out in words from his final interview was how, having entered 'The Death Zone' after learning that he had no longer than 3 months left to live, he suddenly felt the intensity of life, merely looking out of the window, or at his family, brought home that intensity, and that is what I have been feeling recently each time I get on my bike for the 35 minute ride to and from school- albeit fighting my own emotional battles this year - this feeling of intensity, of life all around me, of how much I love life, despite the sadness and loneliness I have felt this year, and that I am lucky to be alive, because the world, even urban Japan, is a beautiful place to be, indeed, it is a very special place because there aren't too many places like this, and we made it here, so best make the most of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yep. Second that. One don't have be imminently facing def to appreciate this planet and awl wot sails upon it.
One needs only to open ones eyes and mind to it.
Haulso, I appreciate how painful it is for you to look at your collection of photos. But, thank you for posting them. Turkey looks a most fascinating and beautiful country.
Minos
Post a Comment