A yearlong conversation with myself and nothing else. Shamisen twangs while I earn $222 a day to help pay for my future dream hair extensions, a Mulberry bag and buttock implants. *This blog has been rated Ca by Moody's Investors Service*
Friday, November 4, 2011
Gonna Post Some More - This Is Fun
Wow. Posting those photos was really therapeutic. It's easy to forget ones accomplishments and wonderful memories when you allow yourself to be gobbled up by self-induced misery.
And it's "one's", possessive. Call yourself an Engrish teacher?
I can't believe the implicit chauvinism in your student's attitude that her Japanese status meant English was optional.
It's identical to the way a lot of English speakers feel about learning a second language: Fucking pig ignorant.
In 20 years, when every 35 year old with English is emigrating to clean the toilets of rich Indians in order to avoid working 75 hours a week to support all the Japanese elderly, I wonder if she'll regret her attitudes?
I cannot believe how entrenched this 'I am Japanese' 'This is Japan' default response to reasoning why they don't need English, still is. Nothing has changed since 1992. Indeed, they seem more adamant than ever to flip the finger at English. Just t'other day a kid answered, 'Japan' as the country he'd most like to visit - go figure - citing, 'I am Japanese' as the reason. What the fck are they watching on TV!!!!
2 comments:
Hear, hear.
And it's "one's", possessive. Call yourself an Engrish teacher?
I can't believe the implicit chauvinism in your student's attitude that her Japanese status meant English was optional.
It's identical to the way a lot of English speakers feel about learning a second language: Fucking pig ignorant.
In 20 years, when every 35 year old with English is emigrating to clean the toilets of rich Indians in order to avoid working 75 hours a week to support all the Japanese elderly, I wonder if she'll regret her attitudes?
Probably, "iie".
I cannot believe how entrenched this 'I am Japanese' 'This is Japan' default response to reasoning why they don't need English, still is.
Nothing has changed since 1992. Indeed, they seem more adamant than ever to flip the finger at English.
Just t'other day a kid answered, 'Japan' as the country he'd most like to visit - go figure - citing, 'I am Japanese' as the reason. What the fck are they watching on TV!!!!
Post a Comment