Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Creepin' Way Too Early Wi' The Bullfrogs

Dayam. Woke up too early. Still, t'is a half day at school so not to worry.
Food for thought upon waking this early morning, shared via The Mighty Facebook, was the above advertisment for the euthanisation of humans who should 'go home' or 'back to where they came from', which is, well, really, where did this scum come from?

I like to think that I got to planet earth as energy that was floating around in space, searching for the perfect vessel - my mother - within which I could hitch a lift to the planet.
But the woman above? Where the fck did she come from? Did she hitch a ride on some space debris?
But back to me. Because it's all about me me me me.
I reckon I turned out alright.
I'm empathetic - I just remembered balling my eyes out yesterday - where it's justified, I'm open to all kinds of culture, I love animals, I have refused to be the 'vessel' for those still looking for a ride to planet earth given the sorry state it's in, (hang in up there, it will get better, and then you can come down) and well, I consider myself somewhat worthy of this stint on earth, and am generally a good person, unless, that is, you bite your fucking cutlery or make fun of the crap I buy.
But this woman!

Unfortunately, I'm of the opinion that, for every 1 person who disagrees with this ignorant slab of vitriol, there will be 2 who agree, or maybe I just have a low opinion of my country these days.

Either way, watching this first thing this morning, made me relieved that I've spent my career elsewhere, over here in Japan Land, where nobody really says what they are thinking.
It's more subtle.
Like what happened yesterday, because, after watching this woman rant about 'go back to where you come from', it reminded me of something an old woman kept asking me, as I stopped to pet her little black and white long-haired skunky-looking Chihuahua, who resembled Pepe Le Pew.
Because she kept asking me, 'When are you going to go back to the UK?'
Kept asking me.
Not just once.
But 5 times.

Which brings me to this papaya, which I bought for a mere 99 yen the other day, which is cheap, very cheap for a papaya.

I'm toying with pairing it with pork, but we shall see,

Now back to normal programming and how yesterday, when I was riding home, I passed a young man whose face was terribly deformed. It broke my heart.
For sure, I am somewhat cold-hearted about many things on this planet, that others otherwise get together and harmonize Amazing Grace to.
I am 'real' about pictures of starving kids, 'real' about life in slums, 'real' about stories of hardship, (overpopulation being the root cause of evil) because we humans have brought a lot of this misery upon ourselves.
My empathy isn't all-encompassing, maybe it should be, but it isn't.
I guess I am of the opinion that, if we are all empathetic by default to these issues, then we won't ever learn important lessons to stop them happening over and over and over and over again.
Just an opinion.
But when I see people who have to struggle with severe disabilities or deformation, my entire being becomes this empathetic pile of jelly, and I cannot help but cry and say 'God bless God bless God bless' over and over and over, when I see such people. The daily struggle they have to endure is beyond my comprehension, but I comprehend enough to understand that I absolutely do have empathy when and where it counts.



No comments: