Thursday, November 10, 2011

Big Yada

This year has really taken a toll on my already-challenged looks.
I just looked at my forehead closely in a mirror.
I rarely look closely at myself in mirrors because reality bites.
This is one reason why I haven't replaced the contact lenses that I lost down the back of an immovable washing machine in Kyoto in 2006.
Anyway,  I had just had a glass of yoghurt with Chia Seeds and I wanted to check for Chia seeds stuck between my teeth, and wtf, my Michelangelo Forehead is worse than ever, and I have two new lines where the inside of the end of the eyebrows are and wtf, wtf, wtf, not that I really care, it's not like I need my looks to adventure, indeed, my looks should keep the pirates and cannibals away, and nor do I want to be with a man for whom a chick's looks are important, so it's a mute point really, but still, ewwww, my forehead sucks.

16 comments:

Pseudonym said...

moot

222 said...

Inside Job

Pseudonym said...

Given the ban on dissent, that really is a mute point.

Rhys said...

Are we talking a few lines here and there or "attractive to a Klingon warrior"?

Are you seriously suggesting you've forgone corrected vision because you're not keen on your own reflection? Remind me to let you sail in front. Keeping a watch doesn't mean "keeping a vague and wandering squint". I have refused to have laser eye surgery because I know of people who a) either have to start wearing reading glasses even as their distance vision is improved, b) have their night vision reduced/distant lights look light "twinkling stars", or c) both.

I wear contacts most of the time. They come out if I'm reading, but I sometimes now need to wear weak reading glasses if I have them in. Somehow I assumed my vision would improve as I aged, but it's just gone wonky from the other end. I couldn't sail without glasses/contacts. I'd miss stuff like cloud wisps, objects in the water, the less obvious signs of land and probably would screw up reading the lat/lon.

Rhys said...

Heh-heh, Soody. Occupy this blog.

Pseudonym said...

Got me tent up.

/\
/ \ |>
/ /\ \ |
/ / \ \ |
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Polkadot said...

Gonna send in the Cadets.

Pseudonym said...

Looks like I could use some help with me tent, it works better in fixed point.

judith said...

I had Lasik surgery in mid Sept. I LOVE IT! I have one eye for distance and one for up close. It was a bit to get used to there at first, as I could actually feel one eye sort of 'taking over'. I see fine at night now where at first it was a bit wonky. The Dr. told me to hang on to my readers, I'll be needing them in about 10 years.

Rhys said...

If I planned on living a sextant, bioculars and chart-free life, I would happily throw out the contacts in order to have perfect vision in the middle distance. But my (corrected) night vision is quite acute, as is my ability to see tiny things close up, so I'll give it a pass.

judith said...

Rhys, I considered contacts and my son talked me into the surgery, he loves his results too. Especially for diving, riding motorcycles and jet skis. When my eyes start going again, I'll probably go to contacts, I really dislike wearing glasses and having to look for them all the time.

Polkadot said...

I'd love the surgery, but failing that, I shall soon buy some glasses. I'm okay going through this year in a blur, but will need to sharpen my focus for the coming year.
p.s Thanks for all the comments. They made me laugh.

Polkadot said...

p.s Channeling the Klingon.

Pseudonym said...

..../\.......
.../..\...|>.
.././\.\..|..
././..\.\.|..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Aha! Sorted the tent.

Rhys said...

Jomamma: If I hadn't been wearing glasses since I was 8 for near-sightedness, I would likely share your view of glasses. I got my first contacts when I was 19, just prior to my first multi-month European cycling trip. Not only was I able to see vast panoramas of landscape, the contacts shaved 60% of the appearance of sullen teenager off my face and I learned that to small-town women, "Canadian" was "exotic".

So frankly all the sex with ruddy farm girls gave me a good feeling about contact lenses. That and the improved peripheral vision.

judith said...

LOL Rhys, sounds like that's worked out for you just fine.