Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Walk In The Rain

So anyway, today's BBQ at the little Working Man's Marina in Gamagori, with Maeda-san and his friends, has been cancelled due to the rain.

Rain.
Ergo, a long day spent either sitting in this room, or walking around the 'hood, is on the agenda.

I slept so deeply last night.
















I didn't even use White Noise or a Melatonin tablet, not that I have trouble sleeping, far from it, but it felt wonderful to fall asleep so early - I'm guessing around 8pm - deeply asleep, to wake up on the other side of 5am, to those horrific pictures of a bloodied Qaddafi being treated so badly by that vile, selfish, power-hungry lynch mob.
Poor, poor Libya.
May the entire country R.I.P.
I'm tigressing.

It's time for me to channel being a sheeple, else I wouldn't be able to appreciate being me, a sheeple being somebody who, on the whole, can see no further than the manhole cover in front of him or her.
Here's my manhole cover.

You will notice how pretty it is. All manhole covers in Japan have designs on them. The one outside my old house had a ship on it. This one looks like the entrance to another vortex. I shall go and stand on it later and pray that it takes me to a new world; a world of peace, of enlightenment, where there are no computer games or shoes with red soles, although these shoes are quite fitting actually, seeing as a lot of people indirectly have the blood of Libya on their shoes.
Sticky, fresh blood, not yet dry.
I'm tigressing.
It's raining pretty hard outside.
Like the tears cascading down my heart.
Oops, tigression alert.
So anyway, I took a walk to the local convenience story called Mini Stop (War), oops, sorry, and mingled with school kids dropping by to stock up on rice balls for lunch and to have a quick free read of a manga magazine, whilst I filled my tool bag with Barreal fake beer - the perfect antidote to a rainy day.


I had a tool fix yesterday at school when I hunted down the school's tool cache to tighten up some nuts and bolts on my bike. It felt good to hold tools again. Really good.
Where was I?
Oh yes, walking in the rain.

This sign says, STOP (war).
Uh oh, I'm losing the sheeple in me...gotta get the sheeple back.....where was I?
Oh yes, I was so focused on just me me me me me me me and my life and me me me me me me that I forgot to wash the mud off my legs that I had slathered on last night before bed.
En route to the shop I had pondered why I still had such a great tan from the summer, that it was probably the grey sky that was making my legs look so brown, and then the penny dropped.
Mud.

Why do I sleep with mud on my legs?
Well, this is special mud, full of wonderful natural ingredients that draw toxins out of your body, and I need all the help I can get, given that I am not averse to having a beer with my breakfast.

Kampai!

No comments: