Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Typical Day In My FB World



Obama Disciple: Maria, considering you're British and living in Japan, why is it that American politics are the only kind you seem interested in? I guess Britain has their political situation running along smoothly? You can go ahead and waste your vote on Ron Paul if you want... oh wait, no you can't...

The Anti-Christ: (Very shortened) I am far from proud of my own country, which is why I left its shores 2 decades ago, but why the focus on the US? Because the policies of the US have far reaching negative consequences in many places around the world. If you were just screwing up within your own shores, I really wouldn't care, but being the global citizen that I am, I do care, so I will continue to express my opinions on candidates and so on. Moreover, the irony of the recent Occupy D'is and D'at or ODD for short,  is that so many of the 'protesters' still attest to supporting Obama. Like, doh. Obama IS Wall Street! Check his administration portfolio.

Obama Disciple: If Justin Beiber were to run for president on the platform of not being a republican and I thought that he had a chance of defeating whoever the republican candidate was, I would donate money to his campaign and vote for him. He wouldn't have to be a democrat, in fact I'm not crazy about them either, buncha sellouts. The republicans barely make any bones about being for everything that you and I, Maria, are against. If you have an alternative to Obama who has any chance of defeating the republicans, I'm all ears...
And yeah, I know you're going to say Ron Paul, but like I said, can he beat the republicans...oh wait, now he is one, or at least claims to be. I liked him better when he was a liberatarian.

The Anti-Christ:  (Not shortened.)
 I know, THERE IS NO HOPE, I am not deceiving myself or others. I realise that the next POTUS is going to be as lame as all who came before.
 I have NO HOPE.
And RP, well, he took on the Rep ticket because he knows that 3rd parties don't have a chance in hell in the US. With the technology at our fingertips these days, with FB as a powerful means of mobilisation, with the ability to get off the mass media ramp and travel down some more open roads, you'd think we'd be able to incite better change.
Sadly, that won't happen.
RP will continue to be misunderstood and demonised.
Somebody in cohorts with the monied interests, will get  re-elected or elected, and wars will continue on the planet, and folks in the US will continue their bitchin' about how they have no healthcare, or no job, or no future, but I will never sit back and just observe.
 I will always have an opinion, and I will always share my onions with the world, as soon as I start sitting back and keeping quiet about what I have learned through researching beyond what is fed via the crass media, that is the time to shoot me.
Like I said, I have ZERO HOPE that there will be change in your country. I think that's sad. I am sorry for the world and for the next four years of war it will have to suffer at the hands of the next administration and the media machine. Reality Rant Over. xx

Sigh. I wish I was into designer handbags and facials instead.







3 comments:

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

You wanna know what I think? America is fucked up. The UK is fucked up. Most of the world is fucked up. What can I do about it? Absolutely nothing. What am I going to do about it? Nothing. Except live my own life and have as much fun as I can, while I can (although there's some 'stuff' that needs dealing with first - as you know from my last email).

'Democracy' in the UK basically means that every five years or so we get to vote for our next dictator. I'm sure that pretty much sums up the political scene elsewhere too. I am so disaffected by politics that I haven't voted in the last two general (national) elections. Sure I have a moan every now and then (who doesn't) but that's as far as it goes.

Forget politics. It's a road to nowhere (unless you're a politician on the gravy train).

Think about happy things. Don't waste your time thinking about things you can't change (says he).

222 said...

Well, I like traveling around the world and I want to go to Iran one day, plus other countries, like Pakistan, and if the voters in the US don't get their act together - and they have the choice, they have a vote - then my future travel plans are gonna get all fcked up. That is why I won't drop this if there's a chance that somebody will vote RP for me in 2012. Otherwise, I totally agree with you.

Liz said...

Be glad to do it for you !!!
Gotta get him on some ticket somewhere first though. OR do a mass write-in.
Wouldn't that be a trip !!! :))