I just popped into Mr Smile's science class to say hi to the junior high kids and one came over and waved her pen at me and said, 'This fell in ammonia' and I felt such joy that I managed to save these kids from hating English, and that instead they will grow up to realise that knowing English really can make a difference.
I tell ya, all students in Japan should have an English education like this junior high school has provided students for the past 8 years.
It makes a huge difference when you start studying with an opinionated kant like me sooner rather than later.
A huge difference.
Sadly our junior high school will shut down in two years time.
This is due more to the school being a bit in the red, than the junior high not working.
If only they had listened to me 8 years ago, when I advised the school to promote the English curriculum we offered, which is totally different to that offered in every other junior high in the 'hood.
I am sure knowledge of such a program would have attracted many, many students of parents who know that, if their kid gets a grasp on the English language, they'll have a much brighter future ahead of them.
Tomorrow some parents will observe one of my classes. I will make sure to let them know that they gave their kids a huge step up the English ladder by choosing our school, and that they should be very proud of their children and what they have accomplished so far with the English language.
I wish women didn't spend so long in the bathroom, touching up make-up after lunch etc. I desperately want a pee but hate peeing in public.
I tell ya, all students in Japan should have an English education like this junior high school has provided students for the past 8 years.
It makes a huge difference when you start studying with an opinionated kant like me sooner rather than later.
A huge difference.
Sadly our junior high school will shut down in two years time.
This is due more to the school being a bit in the red, than the junior high not working.
If only they had listened to me 8 years ago, when I advised the school to promote the English curriculum we offered, which is totally different to that offered in every other junior high in the 'hood.
I am sure knowledge of such a program would have attracted many, many students of parents who know that, if their kid gets a grasp on the English language, they'll have a much brighter future ahead of them.
Tomorrow some parents will observe one of my classes. I will make sure to let them know that they gave their kids a huge step up the English ladder by choosing our school, and that they should be very proud of their children and what they have accomplished so far with the English language.
I wish women didn't spend so long in the bathroom, touching up make-up after lunch etc. I desperately want a pee but hate peeing in public.
1 comment:
The contrast with most men couldn't be more stark. While "shy bladder" does exist among men (along with a certain paranoia about predatory gays lurking around the porcelain), I would say the majority of men not only like urinating in public, they relish the opportunity to slash tree, river or snowbank without fear of being arrested for exposure.
I had a girlfriend who taught herself how to pee standing up. First time I saw that, I was alarmed and then intrigued. The big finish involved an elaborate hip movement and a small hop. I never saw evidence of spillage.
I have no clue why I related that weird and distant-in-time anecdote.
Post a Comment