Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Japan The Strange Country

Maria: One thing that really gets on my wick is the assumption that Japanese eyes are 'small'. THEY ARE NOT SMALL. Japanese people have almond-shaped eyes. Nearly every single student, in every single class of mine, has bigger eyes than what I have. Bust That Myth!

 Maria: I also don't agree about the food waste. I am sure other countries waste more...the Japanese rarely throw food away, it is too precious, and all supermarkets manage to sell all produce because they reduce it in price, instead of being like Bashas in the US, who throw it away. Not very impressed so far with this 'Now this is the true Japan!' asides from some figures re: population density and other basics.

 Maria: Seriously, that is absolute BS about the Japanese wasting food. There is a stigma to throwing food away. How can food get wasted when leftovers make up the majority of lunchboxes? I call BS on this 'fact' and would like to compare it with how much food is wasted in the F.UK, for example.

 Maria: Who made this? Whilst old Japanese squat toilets still exist, I know of no family who builds a new house these days and stubbornly insists on a squat toilet. Seriously? Who made this!

 Maria: It is actually quite offensive. Not liking it at all.

 Maria: Water: Gee, let's bitch at Japan about this, too. I'd like to know how much bottled water is imported into the F.UK etc. By the way, 90% of bottled water on the shelves is from the Japanese Alps and other places in Japan. There's the odd bottle of over-priced Perrier, but that's it.

 Maria:Yep, I am finding this really offensive. 'Japan imports loads of water whilst millions of people are having to drink dirty water in other countries and get sick and die'. Like really, what is the point of this video again?

 Maria: The narrator is such a stuck-up kant.."We don't really know why you can order dessert on a sushi belt'. Like, wtf, why not!!

 Maria: One thing I agree on is the disposable wooden chopsticks issue but it's still not as bad or serious as illegally entering other countries and bombing the hell out of them.

 Maria: The Japanese have sex on average 48 times a year, the world average is 103 and the GREEKS(FUFF!!) an average of 138 times a year. Me? 365 days a year, when actually with my guy. Pffft.

 Maria: The only correct facts concerned overfishing, suicide and maybe the sex figure, not sure, folks don't really talk about their last shag. Verdict on this: 3 out of 10 for being factual.

 Maria: Wanna hear some great things about Japan. Most people dry their washing naturally. Most cars are small. Nearly everybody takes their own bag to the supermarket. Recycling here is a serious past-time. Students clean their own schools. There aren't many street lights.

 Jean-Paul DuQuette: I saw this awhile ago, and I had basically the same reaction. The guy who made it is Japanese, and he's trying to be proactive about pointing out stuff like the wasted food and the imported water, but as other countries waste more and import more bottled water, I'd hardly qualify that as "strange Japan".

 Maria : The guy who made it should have his Japanese passport taken from him for being a supreme traitor.

 Julie: Hahahahaha! So glad that I sent this to you! :-)

 Maria :He he he he Julie. It got me right riled. LOL. Bwhahahahahaha. 15 hours ago · Like

10 comments:

Liz said...

LOVED my squat toilet, and would always seek out houses that had one.
To this day, I have a problem trying to "go" in a seated position.
Lukily I have a huge, private backyard, and a shovel for those "problem days"
Hehehehehe :))
Mata ne
Liz

Liz said...

luckily

judith said...

Oh Liz, you crack me up. I have never heard of a 'squat toilet'. Wonder if that's why we sometimes find poop beside the toilet at school, someone was missing their ST.

I watched that video, who pissed her off? Did she loose her job with the Tokyo Chamber of Commerce?

222 said...

He he he he.

I concur, Judith, she sounded like a right kant. I wanted to reach through the computer screen and peel the red sole off her high heels.

Liz said...

I believe there is a larger % of the world's population stil using squat toilets rather than
the "throne".
Anatomically, it's how we were designed to "go".
And to birth babies, NOT flat on our backs with our feet up in stirrups !! Drugged up to hell and back. Hence the VERY high CS rate.
But Yippee !! more $$$ for the Drs. :((
Bastids
Don't EVEN get me started on THAT !! :))

rob said...

"Squatoilet! ? Maybe remnants of Holes in the floor, wild pigs visiting at night and us eventually eating the pigs? beats a can and a gallon of gas periodically? just think of the cost of the two gallons of water everytime we flush the WC

I purchased a gallon of steam distilled water a while ago and it cost me more than a gallon of gas! an indication of what the future may bring.

Rhys said...

I dunno. I lost interest after the dead of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were depicted as black silhouetted "angels" with white crucifixes on them.

While Nagasaki was indeed the most Christian city in Japan, I'm pretty sure that's not how Japanese figure they appear post-vapourisation.

Liz said...

Hopefully the future brings us full circle back to the Squat Toilet :))
We certainly are wasting a lot of water on the "throne". At least the thrones in Japan have a little sink built into the top of the tank where you can wash your hands with the water before/as it fills the tank.
Smart people !!!
Mata ne
Liz

judith said...

Those toilets with the little basin are cool, very good idea.

Yeah Rhys the little block shouldered people were kinda weird looking, men were manly but women looked like Sailor Moon.

Rhys said...

Don't get me started on manga/anime. My son loves that stuff, but I always am puzzled that the Japanese never depict themselves in their cartoons, seemingly favouring giant-eyed, six-foot tall, Caucasians with 45 inch legs and with F-cup breasts as representative of Japanese teenagers.

Also, the commercial stuff is unbelievably lazy in terms of animation. I've seen more action in a stack of flip cards.