One thing is for sure, this 'just getting though each day' life this year is really exhausting. I am so knackered, have zero energy, and feel like crap. It's such a pointless fcking year.
Rant over.
I just foie grassed when looking at a photo of a teacher's newborn twins, when I said, 'I see you had little boys' when actually they were little girls. Oops.
Two classes to go.
If I don't have club, I have started to go home early. Hanging around doing fck all is just so stupid. I'd stay if the students actually wanted to speak to me or practice their English, but they don't.
This is Japan.
It ain't China.
Or Korea.
I just had this one class, it's usually a good class but today they were milking the zombie, and this one kid took fcking ages answering this question, "How many children does Patricia have?" from this line in the text, which was written on the piece of paper in front of her, "Patricia has two children".
The kid took 5 fcking minutes to answer the question. I kept reading it out loud, like getting really LOUD when I read the TWO, and then eventually she said, 'futari', which is 'two' in Japanese, and I was like, 'WTF!! What is the point of my job!!! Somebody pass me a sword. I want to disembowel myself!'
Thank god some of the kids laughed.
Why is this year so fcking pointless? Because he loves me, that's why!
In other news, I cycled up the hill with one of my ex-junior-high-prodigies this morning.
He's trying to get into Tokyo Uni upon graduation in Feb. This is a pretty cool thing for somebody from this prefecture to be trying to do. 'Todai' is the Harvard of Japan.
Anyway, I gave him my skis and boots in 2009 and asked for them back this morning.
Tee hee.
Rant over.
I just foie grassed when looking at a photo of a teacher's newborn twins, when I said, 'I see you had little boys' when actually they were little girls. Oops.
Two classes to go.
If I don't have club, I have started to go home early. Hanging around doing fck all is just so stupid. I'd stay if the students actually wanted to speak to me or practice their English, but they don't.
This is Japan.
It ain't China.
Or Korea.
I just had this one class, it's usually a good class but today they were milking the zombie, and this one kid took fcking ages answering this question, "How many children does Patricia have?" from this line in the text, which was written on the piece of paper in front of her, "Patricia has two children".
The kid took 5 fcking minutes to answer the question. I kept reading it out loud, like getting really LOUD when I read the TWO, and then eventually she said, 'futari', which is 'two' in Japanese, and I was like, 'WTF!! What is the point of my job!!! Somebody pass me a sword. I want to disembowel myself!'
Thank god some of the kids laughed.
Why is this year so fcking pointless? Because he loves me, that's why!
In other news, I cycled up the hill with one of my ex-junior-high-prodigies this morning.
He's trying to get into Tokyo Uni upon graduation in Feb. This is a pretty cool thing for somebody from this prefecture to be trying to do. 'Todai' is the Harvard of Japan.
Anyway, I gave him my skis and boots in 2009 and asked for them back this morning.
Tee hee.
2 comments:
Newborns (including my own) either all looked to me like Winston Churchill or half-starved, 99%-shaved rhesus monkeys.
Their sex, in light of those observations, was utterly besides the point.
While I cared for my own kid, I never expected others to show an interest in mine, nor did I expect that it would be expected of me to show interest in theirs.
I mean, it's not like they can quip witticisms or do card tricks, is it?
Good grief, an obese squirrel just went past my window. Must be laying it down for winter.
Aren't you allowed to beat them?
Post a Comment