Monday, October 10, 2011

High Again - In My Dreams

I was just thinking about how guilty I feel when I buy things like wine and other luxury items but then I remind myself that this is money that would otherwise need to be spent on bills.

I mean, it's really fab that all I have to pay each month is 10,000 yen for rent.
Wi-fi is included.
Gas is included.
Water is included.
Electric is included.
My usual bills for these services usually amount to 6,000 yen, 2500 yen, 1,700 yen and 7,000 respectively.
What's that added up..ummm....I dunno, about 17,000 a month.
That's 170 fake beers or 17 bottles of cheap Scotch or about 12 3 liter wine boxes.
2008

Where was I?
Oh yeah, relieved that there's no driving school on national holidays.
Right behind this flat is a driving school.
I usually have to listen to cars and motorbikes revving up, revving down, and so on.
It's really weird, the sounds that come from the driving school.
My basil's doing well.
It's just all about me me me.
But something tells me that God loves me, that God knows that, underlying my kantish opinions on d'is and d'at, I have a heart of gold, well, silver, I guess.
Is there anything else that is on my mind before I retire from the keyboard for the night?
Yes, I should check on Hurricane Jova.

8 comments:

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

There is no God. God was invented by man (along with Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy) in order to control the masses. It's all a crock o' shite.

Rhys said...

Hear, hear. The Devil's greatest trick was to convince Man that God existed and gave a shit about Man.

Or something.

Me, I prefer a heart made of meat.

Rhys said...

Also, that mast shot with lightning is excellent. Why aren't you in Mexico again?

222 said...

I know that the God of today was created for the masses. I'm talking about God God.

Minos said...

Hmmm, this god thing, hactually, I think iz not a clear cut case, to believe or not to believe, There could be a god, but not as we know it......Jim.

Also, the kid debate to have or not, two? My goat had a kid once, I called him Billy. Oh, and I had a child, well not me personal, you understand, someone I had been close to. Too close in fact. Alas the child, he didn't survive. I often think now, how nice it would have been to have taught him all the things I have learned, to pass on my experiences, to share in his wonder of the universe and for him to share and understand my own wonder of this incredible little planet. But it was not to be. I agree with the sentiments of the last posts and most of the comments. However, the die is cast and unfortunately there can be only one outcome whatever the choice anyone thinks they are making, for whatever reason.

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Minos, I'm sorry for your loss. I would have had a brother (born before me). He didn't survive either. Life is cruel sometimes.

222 said...

Ditto what OCW said.

Minos said...

Thank you both for your kind sentiments. Yes, life is cruel, but at the same time such experiences perhaps, result in an deeper understanding and more balanced perspective of that life, than we may otherwise have acquired. It is, of course, impossible to say whether this is true or not, however. But I like to think may be the unpleasant
incidents in ones life can be 'beneficial' in some way, in fostering an awareness of the really important issues in said life.

Minos.