Saturday, October 29, 2011

Food For Billions, I Mean, Thought

Interesting, for a lonely loser like me, Umpteenth Weekend spent in my own company, to discover that, in 1993, the UN Population Division predicted that the world population would be between 8 and 9 billion in 2050.
They got that wrong.
Way wrong.
Haven't we just hit 7 billion in 2011?
I've heard that the 7 billionth human will make it to planet earth on the last day of this month.
I ask myself, will this human become a 'gamer'?
If you or your children spend a lot of time playing computer games, ask yourself, was it worth it?
Yeah, shoot me for being on the computer now, and yesterday, and the day before, and tomorrow, but what I do is more involved than 'gaming'. Gah, I'm such a fcking computer loser this year. I hate this year. Pointless fcking year. Oops, sorry.
I'm tigressing. I have nothing against gamers, each to their own, but I could never cuck the sock of a gamer, just like I could never date somebody with bad table manners, or somebody who was a sheeple, so I guess I don't really care about gamers, indeed, the fewer people on the streets, the better, so game away, I just don't get it, that's all, just like people might not get why I loathe fork biting, or why I love having a clean colonic tract, or why I'm such an opinionated git on so many topics, or why I've recently started sleeping with mud on my body.

Anyway, here's the chart
Wayyyyyyyyy off.

At least oil is running out and/or will become too expensive for the common man, and then there will be a big die off because we won't be able to continue industrial-scale farming, mass transportation of food, and so on.
UPDATE
Okay, maybe I jumped the gun, maybe I was just rootin' for a rant, cos I'm wrong, the UN were right, they are not way off, and I'm sure that between now and 2050, we're gonna have all sorts of problems re: how to feed and water the world, so folks will die, or folks might start having few kids, and so on, and so the population will remain under 10 billion, maybe even less if we start using HAARP with more frequency, pardon the pun.
Not that I care. I only care right now because I am bored and I cannot focus entirely on make-up and fashion sites, ergo, I start thinking about world issues, but once I am free, I'm not gonna be so militant, I'm gonna selfishly lap up the rest of my days doing nice things. I'm gonna channel La La Land again.
God, I'm so bored. My days are so empty.

3 comments:

sokmonkee said...

Probably good to have a sail boat then, and homes on different continents. You're all set. All this money and energy spent stressing about carbon capture, green buildings and reducing oil consumption is a total waste if people can just keep pumping out babies in developing countries. We're headed for another mass extinction event and it won't take a large meteor whacking into the planet to help it along. The sun's only going to last another 4 billion years anyway, but we have at most another 1 billion before all the oceans boil away. Kinda sucks doesn't it.....

222 said...

I think it's fascinating, the bigger scheme of things, just the other day I was drooling in class when I got sidetracked on how awesome it was that the continents as we know them today, are only there after millions of years of moving here and there, and we're still moving, and it's all pretty amazing and way bigger than anything else we bleat on about. It's just a shame that people keep popping out kid after kid, because it's a real strain, drain and pain on the earth, but hopefully the decline of oil, and consequently a decrease in available food en masse - and even will oil now, folks are going hungry - there should be a pretty healthy die off, but not in our generation, which is why I am happy to have a boat, so I don't have to wade through all the commercial excrement so many people are layering upon the planet. Ah, give me some ocean or some mountains or some Mongolia.

222 said...

with not will