Today I scored some super bargains.
In one shop selling used goods, ski wear was going for around $80 minimum.
Na. Too expensive.
So, I went to another shop and managed to get a two piece ski wear set for $20!
Yeah!
It's a bit naff - black and yellow with fake denim patches on it- but it will do the trick and can be used afterwards as extra wet weather gear on the boat.
I also bought a charcoal grey sweater and a burgundy sweater (brand new UNICLO, Pure New Wool) for 50 cents each, yes 50 cents, and a reversable beige fleece for $2.
I really wish I hadn't bought those stupid fluffy capes the other week.
When I am depressed, I buy stupid shit.
Another sign of depression is having 3 bars of soap on the go.
OMG! I just tried the slow cooked pork. It is one of the most delicious ways I've cooked pork ever.
It is so tender.
The entire dish cost $2.
Wow. It's damn good.
Yummy. The fresh rosemary makes all the difference.
Yum. So tender.
Wow.
In one shop selling used goods, ski wear was going for around $80 minimum.
Na. Too expensive.
So, I went to another shop and managed to get a two piece ski wear set for $20!
Yeah!
It's a bit naff - black and yellow with fake denim patches on it- but it will do the trick and can be used afterwards as extra wet weather gear on the boat.
I also bought a charcoal grey sweater and a burgundy sweater (brand new UNICLO, Pure New Wool) for 50 cents each, yes 50 cents, and a reversable beige fleece for $2.
I really wish I hadn't bought those stupid fluffy capes the other week.
When I am depressed, I buy stupid shit.
Another sign of depression is having 3 bars of soap on the go.
OMG! I just tried the slow cooked pork. It is one of the most delicious ways I've cooked pork ever.
It is so tender.
The entire dish cost $2.
Wow. It's damn good.
Yummy. The fresh rosemary makes all the difference.
Yum. So tender.
Wow.
3 comments:
I cut up the ends of rye and pumpernickle loaves (day-old, three loaves for a dollar!) into little cubes and grill 'em in a cast iron pan in virgin olive oil with crushed garlic, ground pepper and crumbled rosemary.
Throw 'em on any salad and it's instantly improved.
Thanks for sharing your culinary prowess. I do like sharing things like this.
It's not prowess, it's desperation masquerading as skill. I left home at 19 and kicked around Europe for a few months and then went back to school with a shared flat to pay for, etc. Eating out was too expensive and there's only so many tuna melts a young man with extracurricular hobbies can endure. So I learned to cook from boredom, malnutrition and lack of cash to spend eating out.
OK, now...it's prowess. But it started as thrift and scurvy.
"Thrift and Scurvy" sounds like a French and Saunders parody of lesbian gardener detectives.
Post a Comment