Wednesday, October 19, 2011

He He He He He He He

A Japanese Hot Water Bottle

I just had to share Lady Liz's anecdote regarding her own experience with the same kind of 'Yutampo' that I found by the river the other day.
It's funny.
"I had a yutampo exactly like that when I lived there. Until one night, somewhat ratfaced, I put it on the gas hob to heat without first removing the stopper. Blew up the whole kitchen, blew out the windows, cops came, FD came. Oops. Probably my fault they started making them out of plastic."




6 comments:

Liz said...

Always.Remove.Stopper.First.

It was amazing the force with which that thing blew up under pressure.
I had already passed out in the other room.
Sure woke me (and the whole hood) up real quick :))
TeeeeeeeeeeeHeeeeeeeeeee

judith said...

OMG, I'm glad I'm not drinking wine tonight or I would probably hurt myself laughing at that story. Sounds like something right out of I Love Liz, I mean Lucy.

222 said...

It keeps making me chuckle, too. I just told my 3rd yr jun. high kids the story. One kid was giggling for ages, funnily enough, the kid who is usually shy and serious.

judith said...

I just blew up my microwave oven, it's history. When it popped like a gun shot I thought "wait a minute, I didn't put a Japanese water bottle in there."

Rhys said...

"Yutampo" sounds like a personal hygiene product.

Liz said...

Bwahahahahah Rhys :))