A yearlong conversation with myself and nothing else. Shamisen twangs while I earn $222 a day to help pay for my future dream hair extensions, a Mulberry bag and buttock implants. *This blog has been rated Ca by Moody's Investors Service*
Friday, October 21, 2011
Behind the Gloating over Gadaffi's Death the Western Powers Remain Mired in Endless War : Information Clearing House
Gadaffi was a bastard. Whilst this might not usher in a new Libya free from tyranny, oppression and with free and fair access to leftiehippy.com. It might, they have a chance and a chance is more that they had with that bastard in charge.
As for the "sheep" criticism, who is it you are listening to when you read leftiehippy.com?
Get your facts straight on Gadaffi and Libya before throwing the usual 'leftyhippie' default abuse my way. Far from it, I don't align myself to any side. I merely read up on things, beyond the crap fed you by the mass media. Watch the above video. You might learn something. Gadaffi did so much good for his country. Watch the video. Educate yourself. Rid yourself of your sheeple default response to so many issues out there. People like you have the same blood on your hands, as that of our leaders. Ignorance is dangerous, as we shall see. Unfortunately, ignorance seems to be the norm these days.
>Watch the above video. You might learn something. I did, it's one of the reasons I find your blog interesting, although in this particular case, she surely was just working for a particular audience?
>Gadaffi did so much good for his country. He did, but then his country was also transformed by circumstance. I'm not sure that you can ever live happily under that level of oppression. Did you realise that Libya is actually one of the wealthiest countries in the world? Many of it's residents didn't.
It's strange you champion such a man. Maybe it's simply that you won't be glad of anyone's death - I can understand that viewpoint?
As for spelling Gaddafi, Quadaffi Khadafi it's a transliteration from Arabic, there's not necessarily any one spelling.
A much-circulated 2009 ABCNews.com story found 112 different ways to render the Libyan leader's last name in the Latin alphabet, used in English and most other Western European languages.
"Gathafi" was apparently on his passport. Must we start using that?
Maria, talk to a Libyan. If they don't slap your face for your ignorance of human suffering, perhaps they will take the time to enlighten you about life under Daffy.
Keywords mentioned will include "personal attendance at executions of opposition members", "hit squads on foreign soil", "suppression and genocide of the Berbers and their culture", "imposition of sharia-style punishments", "killing of a Shia imam over Libya (that pissed off your friends the Iranians), "a *real* WMD program bought from China", "pals with Idi Amin"...hell, must I go on?
What's next, praise for Hitler because he ordered the Autobahn?
Daffy was a viper, put down by his own people. I don't care if NATO jets aided and abetted that, and I'm glad we didn't send in troops, but ultimately, this was about Libyans screaming "no more".
Please acknowledge that. Everything else is a sideshow.
What will follow will be far worse than Gadaffi. I would like to talk to some Libyans. Indeed, I wish that I had visited the country before this happened. Tyrant? Yes. But he did a lot of good for his country, and for Africa. What about our own tryants, albeit wearing different garb? How much good are they doing? I heard that lots of kids in the US live in poverty. I heard that lots of people cannot get healthcare. And so on. As for Lockerbie, may I compare Lockerbie with 9/11, a far worse terror atrocity, on so many levels, so very many levels.
Jimmy wrote: "I agree with you. I met a few students from Libya in Canada in the 80's. They seemed happy and were very proud of their country I met a Russia girl who backpacked through Libya in the 90's and she said it was a great experience, safe and everyone was so nice What they did well, I'm sure they could have done it better. Plus, do you think if Libya had no oil they would have been so quick to intervene"
Real experiences, from real people, not lived through something read and controlled by the media.
The Libya of recent times, was very different to the Libya of the 70's, that is for sure. The US has wanted Gadaffi out of the picture for a long, long time, for all the wrong reasons. It truly makes me sick, and if my opinion makes you sick, I am sorry.
Last night there was a rally or rather celebration of Libyan ex-pats in the very heart of my city. Dozens of people made speeches about how they wished a beloved relative or parent would have loved to be there, had not Daffy ordered them killed for opposing, or even appearing to oppose, his rule.
This rally happened about 2 km. from my house. No links needed...it's real life, lived here now, right in front of me.
A dictator does not operate in a vacuum. Accomplices, whether coerced or "true believers", must exist to support the structure of tyranny. Go to Tienanmen Square today and ask about the demonstrations for democracy in 1989. You'll get a blank stare: that's not in the script for the "new China". But I saw it on live TV, just as I've met old Jews with numbers tattooed on their wrists, and I know what so-called humanity is capable of, and I won't pretend otherwise.
You are severely out of your depth here, Maria. You make some good points, particularly how the lust for oil encouraged the West to play footsie with a monster like Daffy, and that is indeed a discredit to the West, but saying that Libya was somehow improved by his rule is like asking "What have the Romans ever done for us?"...but minus the humour.
Richard the Third and Vlad the Impaler were actually a decent medieval princes, but that's not what they are remembered for, is it?
You are a very clever man and I am ashamed that such a clever man doesn't agree with me, but I don't agree with you, and those people whooping it up in Canada, left Libya, for sure, maybe they left for this reason or that reason, most likely, because they wanted to go and live in Canada, just like loads of people want to go and live in the UK and so on, but taking as your proof, that Qaddafi was a bastard and did not good for his country, merely by looking at ex-pats - a bit like interviewing Cubans living in Florida, doesn't make me change my mind that this was a highly illegal intervention of a sovereign nation that was working, that had high literacy, free healthcare, free education, plus all those other good points, that I know of people who have traveled there, via others telling me about such 'reality', and I think it is criminal what happened there and the ex-Libyans celebrating in Canada, are not Libyans, they are Canadian, and they are fed with the same media crap that you are fed with. Libya's bank is now Rothschild owned. I hope that gives you hope for a greater nation over there. Poor, poor Libya. In the fucking hands of the Rothschilds. FK NATO and FK the sheeple.
Many of them left because their family members had been killed for not admiring the Messianic Leader enough and they would've been next.
If you are taught to read but then told what you may read (and I give you Daffy's incoherent "Green Book" here: http://www.4shared.com/document/MS6XOWuc/Muammar-Qaddafi-Green-Book-Eng.html )then I am not sure you are being done a service.
By that measure, Mao's Great Leap Forward that killed 50 million peasants was a great thing because it freed up a lot of real estate.
I can only agree with you in acknowledging that it is shameful we played pattycakes with this mental case for so long because he had oil to sell.
We're going to have to disagree on the relative merits of his achievements for his people versus his habit of killing and imprisoning them, or even just killing his prisoners when the paranoia ate at him.
A list of what he chose to do in life since becoming dictator:
16 comments:
Told ya..... ;)
The guy was a bastard.
Everyone dies for some it's not soon enough for some it's later than it should have been.
Baa... ;)
Gadaffi was a bastard. Whilst this might not usher in a new Libya free from tyranny, oppression and with free and fair access to leftiehippy.com. It might, they have a chance and a chance is more that they had with that bastard in charge.
As for the "sheep" criticism, who is it you are listening to when you read leftiehippy.com?
Do you know?
Get your facts straight on Gadaffi and Libya before throwing the usual 'leftyhippie' default abuse my way. Far from it, I don't align myself to any side. I merely read up on things, beyond the crap fed you by the mass media. Watch the above video. You might learn something.
Gadaffi did so much good for his country. Watch the video. Educate yourself. Rid yourself of your sheeple default response to so many issues out there. People like you have the same blood on your hands, as that of our leaders. Ignorance is dangerous, as we shall see. Unfortunately, ignorance seems to be the norm these days.
It was meant to be ironic really..
>Watch the above video. You might learn something.
I did, it's one of the reasons I find your blog interesting, although in this particular case, she surely was just working for a particular audience?
>Gadaffi did so much good for his country.
He did, but then his country was also transformed by circumstance. I'm not sure that you can ever live happily under that level of oppression. Did you realise that Libya is actually one of the wealthiest countries in the world?
Many of it's residents didn't.
It's strange you champion such a man. Maybe it's simply that you won't be glad of anyone's death - I can understand that viewpoint?
As for spelling Gaddafi, Quadaffi Khadafi it's a transliteration from Arabic, there's not necessarily any one spelling.
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/08/rebel-discovers-qaddafi-passport-real-spelling-of-leaders-name/244077/
A much-circulated 2009 ABCNews.com story found 112 different ways to render the Libyan leader's last name in the Latin alphabet, used in English and most other Western European languages.
"Gathafi" was apparently on his passport. Must we start using that?
Pfft some of that was quoted....
Maria, talk to a Libyan. If they don't slap your face for your ignorance of human suffering, perhaps they will take the time to enlighten you about life under Daffy.
Keywords mentioned will include "personal attendance at executions of opposition members", "hit squads on foreign soil", "suppression and genocide of the Berbers and their culture", "imposition of sharia-style punishments", "killing of a Shia imam over Libya (that pissed off your friends the Iranians), "a *real* WMD program bought from China", "pals with Idi Amin"...hell, must I go on?
What's next, praise for Hitler because he ordered the Autobahn?
Daffy was a viper, put down by his own people. I don't care if NATO jets aided and abetted that, and I'm glad we didn't send in troops, but ultimately, this was about Libyans screaming "no more".
Please acknowledge that. Everything else is a sideshow.
What will follow will be far worse than Gadaffi. I would like to talk to some Libyans. Indeed, I wish that I had visited the country before this happened. Tyrant? Yes. But he did a lot of good for his country, and for Africa. What about our own tryants, albeit wearing different garb? How much good are they doing? I heard that lots of kids in the US live in poverty. I heard that lots of people cannot get healthcare. And so on. As for Lockerbie, may I compare Lockerbie with 9/11, a far worse terror atrocity, on so many levels, so very many levels.
Re: His name, I had just come from reading a thread of comments where his name didn't even resemble any of the Gadaffi's either of us have used.
Here's what a friend of mine shared with me:
Jimmy wrote: "I agree with you.
I met a few students from Libya in Canada in the 80's. They seemed happy and were very proud of their country
I met a Russia girl who backpacked through Libya in the 90's and she said it was a great experience, safe and everyone was so nice
What they did well, I'm sure they could have done it better.
Plus, do you think if Libya had no oil they would have been so quick to intervene"
Real experiences, from real people, not lived through something read and controlled by the media.
The Libya of recent times, was very different to the Libya of the 70's, that is for sure. The US has wanted Gadaffi out of the picture for a long, long time, for all the wrong reasons. It truly makes me sick, and if my opinion makes you sick, I am sorry.
http://www.mathaba.net/news/?x=627488
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJURNC0e6Ek&feature=player_embedded
Last night there was a rally or rather celebration of Libyan ex-pats in the very heart of my city. Dozens of people made speeches about how they wished a beloved relative or parent would have loved to be there, had not Daffy ordered them killed for opposing, or even appearing to oppose, his rule.
This rally happened about 2 km. from my house. No links needed...it's real life, lived here now, right in front of me.
A dictator does not operate in a vacuum. Accomplices, whether coerced or "true believers", must exist to support the structure of tyranny. Go to Tienanmen Square today and ask about the demonstrations for democracy in 1989. You'll get a blank stare: that's not in the script for the "new China". But I saw it on live TV, just as I've met old Jews with numbers tattooed on their wrists, and I know what so-called humanity is capable of, and I won't pretend otherwise.
You are severely out of your depth here, Maria. You make some good points, particularly how the lust for oil encouraged the West to play footsie with a monster like Daffy, and that is indeed a discredit to the West, but saying that Libya was somehow improved by his rule is like asking "What have the Romans ever done for us?"...but minus the humour.
Richard the Third and Vlad the Impaler were actually a decent medieval princes, but that's not what they are remembered for, is it?
You are a very clever man and I am ashamed that such a clever man doesn't agree with me, but I don't agree with you, and those people whooping it up in Canada, left Libya, for sure, maybe they left for this reason or that reason, most likely, because they wanted to go and live in Canada, just like loads of people want to go and live in the UK and so on, but taking as your proof, that Qaddafi was a bastard and did not good for his country, merely by looking at ex-pats - a bit like interviewing Cubans living in Florida, doesn't make me change my mind that this was a highly illegal intervention of a sovereign nation that was working, that had high literacy, free healthcare, free education, plus all those other good points, that I know of people who have traveled there, via others telling me about such 'reality', and I think it is criminal what happened there and the ex-Libyans celebrating in Canada, are not Libyans, they are Canadian, and they are fed with the same media crap that you are fed with.
Libya's bank is now Rothschild owned. I hope that gives you hope for a greater nation over there.
Poor, poor Libya. In the fucking hands of the Rothschilds. FK NATO and FK the sheeple.
The above doesn't read well but I am sure you understand the sentiment.
Many of them left because their family members had been killed for not admiring the Messianic Leader enough and they would've been next.
If you are taught to read but then told what you may read (and I give you Daffy's incoherent "Green Book" here: http://www.4shared.com/document/MS6XOWuc/Muammar-Qaddafi-Green-Book-Eng.html )then I am not sure you are being done a service.
By that measure, Mao's Great Leap Forward that killed 50 million peasants was a great thing because it freed up a lot of real estate.
I can only agree with you in acknowledging that it is shameful we played pattycakes with this mental case for so long because he had oil to sell.
We're going to have to disagree on the relative merits of his achievements for his people versus his habit of killing and imprisoning them, or even just killing his prisoners when the paranoia ate at him.
A list of what he chose to do in life since becoming dictator:
http://victoryormartyrdom.tumblr.com/post/11783618380/non-exhaustive-list-of-gaddafis-crimes-since-1969
Post a Comment