I didn't buy an ice-cream in the end because it just fuels my weak nature. Instead I made a Barley, Apple, Celery, Ground Beef and Tomato Soup With Fresh Radioactive Basil for tomorrow.
I will now have an evening enema and a long bath.
Goodnight Perkins, you lonely loser.
10 comments:
I made a wonderful pesto last night. I use almonds I toast in an iron skillet instead of pine nuts (walnuts work well, too)and throw in some curly parsley and as many sauteed garlic cloves as I can manage to peel (about 40, I reckon).
With a nice Rioja, it was stellar.
Sounds good. Thanks for sharing. Will try it one day.
Rhys.........
And that is for how much EVOO and Basil ???
I have LOTS of walnuts and garlic.....must try soon !!!!
Mata ne
Liz
Makes about 2/3rd of a standard blender full. I guess I use about 600-700 mL of olive oil, half a bunch of parsley, every leaf from a basil bunch, about 40 grilled cloves, about enough almonds to cover a 12 inch iron pan to the depth of "one almond", about 150 grams of Parmesan and the rest you can improvise.
A tin of pink salmon and several grinds from a pepper shaker zip it up even further.
Yuuuummmmmmmmmmmm
Ya' makin me HONGRY now. :))
Thanks for the full recipe.
Must try it soon.
Mata ne
Liz
PS Just finished reading your "Book Blog"
Interesting stuff there, and you have quite the alliterative knack for reviewing it, too.
Made me laugh long and loud. :))
Yeah, R's a master of the written word. I have never met him but I truly respect his skill with the written word. It is rare.
Thanks, Friends of Perkins (and Perkins). The compliments are appreciated, because the blogging is about the only outlet for writing these days (although I did do a spot of marketing for an anchor firm a few months back).
I'll return the compliment to our Perkins, whose way with a pun has made me laugh out loud more than once. Once again, you should write a book: "A Roundeyed Devil Abroad" might boost sales.
I know you can cme up with a much better allitertive title for her book......Hmmmmm......
"Goofy Gaijin Goes GaGa" ....or something like that. :))
"Herro, Sairor"?
Bwahahahahhahahahaha
Post a Comment