Being a bike person, as opposed to being a car person, it doesn't take me long to figure out the quickest or easiest route between a and b.
I go to school one way and come back another.
I do this because I can go downhill on the way, and downhill on the way back.
I'm a clever little mo' fcker.
Concrete concrete everywhere, a couple of bridges to cross, grey grey all grey, a bit of brown churning river, and lots of school uniforms.
It also doesn't take me long to figure out how to give the finger to curbs or traffic lights, having found a few detours that help me avoid the Dark Side that comes when cycling in an urban setting.
Today, as I crossed one bridge, there was an old man with long straggly grey hair and a straggly grey beard, sitting on his haunches. There were some clothes hanging over the bridge railings. At first I thought that he might be hawking some wares, but then reminded myself that I'm in Japan, not Mumbai, and this man was a homeless dude merely drying his clothes upon the breeze of the morning.
Japanese do homelessness so damn well.
They are always clean and never ever beg.
4 comments:
My Muffin friend. Work for the money and focus on that. I have come to understand that money is more important than love or trust or honesty or undying love or having someone give their all to you.
Make the money. Love is overrated.
Money makes the world go around. It helps us have the things that give us happiness.
Hello Jomammmmmmmmmmmaaa :-)
Money can't buy you happiness but having no money will almost certainly make you unhappy. So yes, make the money. Ker-ching! (feck, I hate it when people say that. Beat me about the head with a cricket bat or something).
After spending most of my adult life acquiring "things", I've spent the last couple of years simplifying my life and selling 95% of all the stuff I owned. I can't tell you how liberating that feels. I no longer want "things" to tie me to one place. All I now need is a tall ship and a star to steer her by :-)
Hellllo OCwannaB, I think Maria (and B) know what I mean. We don't buy 'things' we buy necessities. Electricity, food, clothes, etc., mostly the things to get by. You won't find us on the Frivolous Living Blog. Unfortunately, we all have to have money to get by.
Post a Comment