Sunday, February 5, 2012

I've got nothing against your voice, it just makes me sick

The below documentary is absolutely fascinating.
I already know a lot of what it talks about because I have always been pro-active about educating myself beyond what is churned out on the TV or in the newspapers, but still, it is really worth watching.
Indeed, you must watch this.
In fact, I think I will only be friends in my future with people who have watched this and/or know it all already having read beyond the menu at McDonalds.
Thank goodness Water World is full of this kind of person. Clever, engaged people.
On the whole.

Personally, I am tired of the company of sheeple whose ignorance encourages evil to continue to stomp all over the planet.
To sit with those who say, 'Muslims brought the towers down' or 'The Catholic church is good', well, I'm done with ignorance, I'm done with the self-centred.
In my freedom, I choose to spend my time with like-minded and enlightened humans who show their empathy for the world, beyond their respective living rooms and closets, by making sure that they do all they can to understand what is really going on in the world these days.
Watch this and become a better, more enlightened person.
Or don't watch this and continue being an ignorant, lazy fck.
Sorry for being direct but hundreds of thousands of people have died and/or continue to suffer because of the ignorance of the people, and as Obama once said in a Bad Lip Reading video that he didn't script else he wouldn't work with unelected evil, like what he does,
That's not fair!

3 comments:

Mo said...

Maria, you are wrong about your so called 'waterworld'.
There is ignorance and prejudice everywhere. Just because someone lives on a boat does not make them enlightened. I know this for a fact as I have spent time doing exactly that. Mind you I find that the further away from the UK you get on your boat the much nicer the people!

222 said...

I did add 'on the whole'.
I don't totally live in La La Land.

However, in Mexico, MOST of my friends are enlightened, and for that I am blessed.

So I am not wrong.
And yes, if you are basing your research on folks close to the UK, then it is understandable that ignorance will still be rife.

222 said...

And just to add a little more here, I found that most of the sailors in Mexico were disillusioned Americans who were sick of their country and its policies.

I found that a lot of people I met with boats were rebels with causes, not just cruisers with wives'n'microwaves.

I had many a stimulating conversation. I was in my element.

I guess it must be the UK, albeit I'm a bit surprised that it sounds so grim, but then again, keepin' up with the Jones' and pretention is still rife over there, which filters down even to Water World, which is 'so called' because what better way to describe it?

Yep, the further away you get, the better the conversation, I am sure. And I don't just base this on my experience in Mexico.
I'm on Facebook and have quite a few 'cruisers' as friends and they are engaged and intelligent people who have chosen to cruise because of how crap life on land is becoming regarding the reeling in of our freedoms, our tax money going on wars, and so on.

I guess 'Liveaboards', 'out there', are more likely to be rebels, especially the ones on the not-so-posh boats, like what mine is.