Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ohaiyo Mina-san



One thing I've been realising of late, especially since waking with a start this morning when my antique pottery Japanese hot water bottle fell to the floor with a loud thud, was that when I fell in love, I virtually erased everything about me that had ever meant something to me, and more.

It's hard to explain; I can't even taco shell it.

However, I have recently come to the conclusion that, I can't ever be truly happy if I take the me out of me, or the kant out of the kant, or the dessert wine out of this morning's breakfast, or learn to use commas proper like.

And that to truly flourish as a happy human, I have to start embracing the Original Me, and this means re-writing on the 'whiteboard of my life' everything that defined me pre-2007.
I found the blue backpack covered in mud and spider-webbed at Canyon De Chelly, AZ



One of these things was my boat.

So in homage to the boat, I'm going to post some pictures to remind me just how lucky I am to have such a fine pleasure vessel in my life and of the many good times I have spent on it since 2007.


Some of you have seen these pics before.


Tough shit.
First First Mate Jack in Our First Little Catagory 1 Hurricane

Puff it up!
So here goes.
Bear with me. I just fancied doing this as I have nothing else to write about this morning.
Delivering food to friends in the bay

Washing my smalls and Seattle Heather tea-towel on deck

Washing myself on deck and then jumping into the water to rinse. Go figure. Darwin Award or what.
A rare spiffy galley
Dancing to Planet Home in the cockpit aka Playpen

Taking sake to sundowners on another boat

Never missing a daily coffee enema

My favourite bunk

My favourite tool bag

My favourite boat




16 comments:

judith said...

I love looking at pictures of your boat. Reminds me that I'll come visit someday.

222 said...

Yeah, me too.
The happiest times of my life were spent on this boat and I want them again.
Ha ha ha the radio just said 'yacht'.
I tigressed.
I think I want to do a month in Thailand, taking trains, and then fly out to Mexico and splash the boat until June, get to spend some quality time with the vessel, and yes, you are always welcome, you and your clan have a lifetime berth.

Anonymous said...

very nice but why don't you ever actually go sailing anywhere?

222 said...

Why? Do you have a schedule for me to stick to?

judith said...

When I come I'm not bringing the whole clan, don't want to share a whole birth with them. Maybe I'll bring Jolea and Jeff, maybe my sister but I doubt it because she's scared of Mexico. Jolea should really go b/c she could sail your boat and teach you so much. She's awesome!

222 said...

Yeah, I would love Jolea as crew.
If I was super rich and could pay for her, I'd go across the Pacific in a heartbeat with your daughter.
It would be such a hoot, a challenge, of course, I'm not reducing it to a fun fun fun hooty thing only, because I sail by the adage to expect 99% hell, 1% heaven (then I'm never disappointed) because things always go wrong - he he he - but yeah, dreams....and I wish one of us would win the lottery already.

judith said...

I'd be a nervous wreck if y'all went across the Pacific. I'm afraid of the water you know! Hey let's Skype in the morning... my morning your evening. You tell me what time and I'll be there.

222 said...

You'd have nothing to worry about. I know what I'm doing.
Knot.
LOL.

Anonymous said...

hahaha 'share a birth' hahaha I think you already did

222 said...

Anon
Please, seek help.

judith said...

LOL, wrong kind of berth. I'm not a sailor, more in the habit of referring to the other kind of birth.

222 said...

We're fortunate to have anon's fine proof reading skills amongst this readership.

judith said...

Aren't we though? Hmmm, which do we need? Anon???? Sharp stick in the eye???? Where's my stick?

Rhys said...

I like the idea of having a selection of various varnished hardwoods and softwoods, of varying lengths and hefts, dedicated to differing types of corporal instruction. "Fetch my eye-poking stick...it's the skinny yellow one next to the big mahongany ass-whupping stick".

judith said...

Rhys you crack me up!!! I don't have a dedicated ass whipping stick or switch, I need one, but I do have a good sized Aspen branch (about 2.5 in diameter) that I used as a kid for a walking stick. Even though it's only about 2.5 ft long, it still makes a dandy dog whopper when I'm out walking.

Rhys said...

Reminds me of that old Yosemite Sam cartoon: "Whoa, mule, WHOA, MULE (THUMP!)...I said 'whoa'!"