I just went on Bike Ride Dos and popped into the supermarket on the way home.
There was a young man working there, collecting the trolleys.
My heart went out to him when I saw him.
Poor boy.
Some people are born with a true struggle on earth.
I am not one of those people.
I was born healthy and I don't stand out in any way, shape, or form.
But some people do stand out, they are so different from everybody else, and it makes me feel so very sad, and it makes me feel so guilty and ashamed of myself for having low moments in life, when actually there is no excuse, no excuse at all to feel low, especially where love is involved, love being intangible anyway.
I've just been so pathetic for so long now.
I think that what I have been through, emotionally, since 2008, has been worth it in the end because, whilst I have always felt an automatic compassion towards those who truly have a struggle on their hands, it is through reflection on my own struggles, and how pathetic they are in the grand scheme of things, that I've finally become a better, more rounded person, able to see life with a wider and clearer perspective.
For sure, I have never lacked compassion where it has been needed, but what I did lack was the perspective, which I think I have figured out now, making me a better person finally, and not just a pontificating kant.
This compassion doesn't extend to fork biters though. There are limits to my compassion.
Anyway, God bless the young man I saw.
I always ask God to take some of my luck and give it to such people instead.
In other news, never mention Deep Throat in a 'serious' thread on sailing.
There was a young man working there, collecting the trolleys.
My heart went out to him when I saw him.
Poor boy.
Some people are born with a true struggle on earth.
I am not one of those people.
I was born healthy and I don't stand out in any way, shape, or form.
But some people do stand out, they are so different from everybody else, and it makes me feel so very sad, and it makes me feel so guilty and ashamed of myself for having low moments in life, when actually there is no excuse, no excuse at all to feel low, especially where love is involved, love being intangible anyway.
I've just been so pathetic for so long now.
I think that what I have been through, emotionally, since 2008, has been worth it in the end because, whilst I have always felt an automatic compassion towards those who truly have a struggle on their hands, it is through reflection on my own struggles, and how pathetic they are in the grand scheme of things, that I've finally become a better, more rounded person, able to see life with a wider and clearer perspective.
For sure, I have never lacked compassion where it has been needed, but what I did lack was the perspective, which I think I have figured out now, making me a better person finally, and not just a pontificating kant.
This compassion doesn't extend to fork biters though. There are limits to my compassion.
Anyway, God bless the young man I saw.
I always ask God to take some of my luck and give it to such people instead.
In other news, never mention Deep Throat in a 'serious' thread on sailing.
3 comments:
Grrrrr!!!! You took the cat photo down!!! Poo!
That's a cool basket cover! I need to look for those online. Although I can't get to my bike and haven't in over a year!!!! And not that I ride in the rain b/c I can't get my hair wet, it's in my contract.
Did I miss something? I went out a couple of nights in a row. Whoo-ee...not dead yet.
Whither this deep throat you speak of, Mistress Perkins? I know not of such a device aboard, although it sounds vaguely related to a gaff rig.
Post a Comment