Friday, December 16, 2011

Everything's Blue, Baby

Well, I must say it's nice to have the pressure to socialise removed from my life, since my only friend left in the 'hood, doesn't want to know me anymore.


If only I'd said 'vegetative state' instead of 'vegetable', I might still have a friend.
Too much sake messes with the vocabulary base.
These funky modes are giving me some ideas. Evil roar.

So instead, here I lounge, upon the bed, cosy with my two hot water bottles, listening to Farming Today and learning that coriander is going to come three months early this year, given the warmer weather.
Now you know.

I don't mind not having any friends left.
If I'm a kant, I'm a kant.
And I like it here, all warm, with reading material, Podcasts, good Scotch, emails to catch up with, batteries recharging, a bath running, an enema on the cards, yep, who needs friends when my own head keeps me company.
Sparkle mode

I was meant to start a fast today but broke it because I bought the camera and needed food if I was going to check out how good the 'cuisine' function was.

I scored big time at the supermarket this evening. Check out those ribs!!!! Half price. $2.70.
Basil, roast chicken, Gnocchi.

You name it, I will eat it, fck fasts, I feel fit enough to be seen naked after all these months of cycling back and forth, and I've never been able to diet, no way, but I did fancy a bit of a fast, a healthy one, wi' the clay and barley grass, just to give my body a break before Christmas, and I think I will still do one, from Sunday afternoon onwards, because that gives me three days to stick to it, and being at work will keep my mind off food.
Punk mode

But like I said, I feel pretty fit and healthy anyway, which just goes to show that a little bit of exercise each day goes a long way.
I was thinking tonight, as I cycled home, how much I love the fact that I have cycled all my life, that bikes have been my only means of transportation, for like, forever.

Apart from the first four years in Japan, spent in Tokyo and Yokohama, I have been able to commute by bike or on foot. This is pretty awesome because commuting can be a stressful pain in the ass. I know. I did Tokyo rush hour. It sucked.

I don't have anything else to write about at the moment.
I need to do some reading, catch up with some real news, masticate and digest it into a rant, because I'm sure there's a lot of crap happening out there right now, like the 27 trillion given to the FED. WTF is that about?
Back later.


4 comments:

Rhys said...

Does it screw with your head cycling on the right?

I never found cycling on the left more than a momentary adjustment (I can even work a roundabout, which is a rare thing indeed in Canada), but I can also dock either side, so it's probably just reasonably good spatial skills.

Some people get very confused by it. My father barely drove in Britain before he emigrated to Canada in his late 20s. He didn't get a car until he was 35. Consequently, driving on the left threw him a bit and there might have been some missing side-view mirrors in the '90s due to unexpected presence of cars in his field of view.

My mother could barely operate shoes, her sense of direction was so feeble. She never drove. My sister isn't much better, but can at least drive. Can't navigate. Doesn't grasp "turn left, then right". Has issues with laces, etc.

If you are a person with a perceptual shortcoming OR a perceptual acuity (like being a natural crack shot, say), it's difficult to imagine life otherwise. People with vertigo treat the world through that filter of "not climbing atop things".

222 said...

In Japan we drive/cycle on the left.
When I first when to the US, in 1991, as a student, it screwed with me. But since then, nah, I'm wired for both sides.
If all goes well with the relationship, I will be driving one day, little trucks across wide open spaces. I cannot imagine driving yet tried it in South Africa that time, down back roads, with a manual stick - wtf - high on Swaziland weedle dee, and with a few beers in the cooler.

222 said...

'went' not 'when'.
Uh.

Anonymous said...

(Anon2) Sparkly thighs....????? Hmmmm.....tempting.