Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ron Paul Is NOT An Isolationist

http://slander.revolutioni.st/isolationist.html

I wish people would educate themselves further about Ron Paul.
America is fcking doomed with the voters it has.
It's such a shame.
And no, r, it is not the fact that I have been isolationist myself this year, that I hold the views I do, and no amount of hanging out with people in the real world, unless they are my friends who are also sick and tired of the garbage we are fed, day in, day out, no amount of 'socialising' will ever change my views on everything I have written and ranted about this year, because this is MY juice and I believe fully in what I have ranted about - these are not the thoughts of an idle mind, they are the thoughts of a mind addled with all the bullshit that people allow into their lives via a tributary coming off that long river in Egypt, and blah, nothing will change my political views-  and I am so blessed that those closest to me feel the same way about certain important issues out there, and thank fck for friends like this,  for these words this morning, via FB, which reminded me that I am not alone.
 
I'm in the states for a while, where I see the standard prepackaged news occassionally (when I can tolerate it) and it looks like Ron Paul is very low in the ratings. I never cease to be appalled at the utter stupidity of my fellow (former) countrymen (and women). Just one other example: we actually passed a car on the road the other day that had bumper stickers -- "W" in 2004" and "Sarah Palin" for whenever. These people are truly brain-dead and just taking up space. Someone should unplug their life-support machines.

3 comments:

Rhys said...

Yes, there's much to admire about Mr. Paul, and he's probably the greatest political mind of the 18th century.

But you do realize your little "problem" would have been solved the old-fashioned way, with pennyroyal and a coat-hanger, according to Dr. Paul, right?

I think saying "nothing would change my political views" is a touch rigid, don't you? Mine have evolved considerably over my life, as new experiences have been had and new ideas have been encountered. I'm conservative on some things and almost bolshy on others. I support universal medicare. I think teachers should be licensed and tested every five years, and bad teachers should be fired. I think food should be rationed as a health program. I think trades education, for instance, should be supplemented at a 50% rate, but that we should have a Maoist-style two-child policy with forced sterilizations for offenders. I believe I should own a gun but have to wait 20 years to own a car. I believe kids should be allowed to drink, fuck and vote at 16, but (see above) nobody gets to drive until 35. I say no to a death penalty, and yes to punishment collars and forced labour.

If it's not a kid or an animal, I don't care who you fuck or how you fuck them. I don't care if you abort your kid up to the age of voting; they are property until then. I don't care if you eat a pound of heroin, as long as you pay taxes on it. If you drive into someone while high, however, I will harvest you for organs and send your family to the gulag.

(By "gulag", I mean 10 years of public service building sewage plants and wind farms).

I believe voting should be mandatory, because without totalitarian measures democracy cannot function.

And you can all fucking KNEEL BEFORE ZOD.

So, in conclusion, my fellow Earthlings, I don't think there is much I can learn from Dr. Paul, seeing as I think the best thing that could happen to humanity is a good Darwinian super-plague.

Careful, I've got a steel boat.

222 said...

I'm not so rigid as to rule out further evolution of my beliefs, but on certain issues, I very much doubt I will make an about-face on them.
These are issues that I have thought about since my teens, not recent ones, and I have yet to be proven wrong, instead sadly being proven right, time and time again.

Yep, I am aware of Paul's stance on abortion, but I very much doubt he will get the votes to fck with Roe, and the risk of him doing this is a small price to pay for his non-interventionist policies and attack on the Fed.


You would make a fine leader, R, as would my guy, who believes in a benevolent dictatorship.

Rhys said...

Well, while I'm glad I've secured your fictional and one-time-only vote, you realize that about half of what I stated as policy notes are highly debatable, and the other half are psychotic, right?

I've mentioned on occasion that people should treasure their vote, and not fail to vote, even if its to spoil their ballot, because if they don't vote, it opens the door to candidates like me, who possess a sort of "first up against the wall/heap o' skulls" approach to problem-solving.

You will be pleased to hear that Ron Paul's doing quite well in Iowa, whatever that's supposed to signify. Apparently, this 76 year old is "the choice of youth", probably because he's a Republican who wants to legalize pot.