Here I am, tooting my own horn again,
but the ribs, the ribs!
I savoured every single ladylike mouthful, using my fingers to nibble the oh-so-tender meat from the bones.
And then wiped my sticky fingers upon a hankie/serviette/something to put on the ground when out and about and I want to sit down/window shade on bus/train journeys/ brow mopper..... instead of licking my fingers -uh, gross, finger licking, fcking gross, fck off fingerlickers -
Well, I'm kind of losing the plot here, what with getting carried away thinking about 101 Uses For A Hankie, but just want to say, and I'll quote myself here
May I recommend to others who appreciate good food, that the addition of papaya and pear, turned an otherwise average 'bbq sauce', into a plate of what they get to eat up in heaven, but just now it was on earth.
Damn good.
And so damn cheap.
257 yen for the ribs.
25 yen for the pear.
50 yen for the papaya.
Gourmet food on a budget.
This wouldn't be possible with kids, of course.
I'd have to walk on past those ribs and pick up some cheap shit that I could afford.
Seriously, it must cost a fortune to feed a family these days.
Right. Time to listen to Any Questions while I continue packing.
I savoured every single ladylike mouthful, using my fingers to nibble the oh-so-tender meat from the bones.
| Hand model courtesy of we'vegotitnailed.com |
And then wiped my sticky fingers upon a hankie/serviette/something to put on the ground when out and about and I want to sit down/window shade on bus/train journeys/ brow mopper..... instead of licking my fingers -uh, gross, finger licking, fcking gross, fck off fingerlickers -
Well, I'm kind of losing the plot here, what with getting carried away thinking about 101 Uses For A Hankie, but just want to say, and I'll quote myself here
These were some of the most delicious ribs I have ever had!And so on.
May I recommend to others who appreciate good food, that the addition of papaya and pear, turned an otherwise average 'bbq sauce', into a plate of what they get to eat up in heaven, but just now it was on earth.
Damn good.
| Slow cooked overnight |
And so damn cheap.
257 yen for the ribs.
25 yen for the pear.
50 yen for the papaya.
Gourmet food on a budget.
This wouldn't be possible with kids, of course.
I'd have to walk on past those ribs and pick up some cheap shit that I could afford.
Seriously, it must cost a fortune to feed a family these days.
Right. Time to listen to Any Questions while I continue packing.
2 comments:
Nah, you wouldn't have to walk past ribs if you had kids, you'd have to get a bigger package and pay for it all with money from your Wal-mart Goochie purse. We folks with kids eat pretty good (had tenderloin tonight) when we don't partake in the designer shit.
I bet I would at today's prices, especially since it wouldn't be a case of giving up the Gucci for the gourmet, as there would be no choice in that matter to begin with.
I'm not having a jab at those with kids, just realising that, certain foods, like ribs, would cost a lot if you had to figure in feeding 4, instead of one or two, and ribs aren't cheap usually. It's weird that meat is cheaper here than in the States, I wouldn't be buying ribs in the US, that's for sure, and love it when he buys the Trader Joes ones, cos otherwise they are out of my budget.
But when you have kids, you give up things that I am otherwise saving my money for - early retirement and so on - so in effect you do have the money to buy ribs for everybody (not so much at today's prices though)- because your money is more centred on the family, and the time you have is family-centred, so that's where it gets spent.
Post a Comment