Recently, the entrance to the main teachers room has been reconfigured; a desk has been moved, a cupboard uprooted, and in their place is a whiteboard with our names upon it.
In a nutshell, we have to let it be known, via the board, at all times, where we are.
Fck that for a game of misplaced soldiers.
Like I'm gonna write, 'Creeping with the bullfrogs at Domi, seeking bargains at noon' when I should be at my desk.
Or 'On my way home 20 minutes early because there's fck all to do and no kid EVER comes to see me to practice their English or ask me my blood type.'
The other teachers are also not impressed.
The winter of discontent is here and we are all in agreement that this sucks.
Funnily enough, when I mention Orwell's '1984', nobody knows what I'm going on about.
There's something about islands, I guess.
We just had the Morning Meeting and the new rules of Whiteboard Engagement were announced.
There was a noticeable silence at the end of all the rules being laid out.
I think this school is doing to itself what Froggys in San Carlos did to itself.
Shooting itself in the foot.
For years, the teachers have worked well together, they have worked DAMN HARD, they have sacrificed a lot of their free time for this school, but since the new owners have taken over, the old way of doing things has slowly been erased, starting with putting partitions up between the desks of the office ladies - they absolutely hate this - some other things, and now this.
There have been teachers on the staff here who have been here for nearly 40 years, for 30 years, for 20 years, but I don't think this trend is going to continue, not with stupid shit like this being introduced.
I am very relieved that my years of teaching here were 99% under the original headmaster, when the school was a family-run affair.
I'm leaving just in time.
Anyway, before the meeting, I had described to the teachers in the smaller jun. high teachers room, the concept of Big Brother, and at the end of the morning meeting, Mr Smile said, ' That was Big Brazzer!'
It was so funny.
2 comments:
A comparison to the tactics of the Kempeitai might tinkle a larger cultural bell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kempeitai
Only because a Japanese attempting to pronounce "Gestapo" is liable to render his tongue unfit for cunnilingus or soba-slurping.
Brakshirrsu.
Just write:
Maria - in the restroom.
Post a Comment