Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rantin' Ain't For Pam

It's not early now - 5:40 'ish - but is was early when I first woke up.
I thank God for my nasal sensory powers of emancipation because I woke up just in time to turn off the crock pot.
So it's hot lemon water for me as I shake my mind to life this Wednesday morning.
Yesterday I was having a bit of a barometric low, but knowing that these things pass, made it easier to acknowledge, and what doesn't kill you, winds up killing somebody else instead, so all is well.
Survival of the fittest, and so on.

Depression is a nasty blight on the planet and I think that a lot of people have it for good reason.
I, on the other hand, do not have any reason to be depressed, indeed, I am not a depressive, it's not in my nature.
I am, however, emotionally fragile when things don't go exactly the way I want them to go.
Like fall in love at first sight, get married in the first year, live happily as a rafter.
That kind of fairy tale.
But I'm okay.
My worst nightmare is somebody else's dream.

And I feel better this morning because I failed the British Citizenship Test, or rather, the Guardian's smaller version of the real thing. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/quiz/2011/oct/11/uk-citizenship-test-quiz

I scored 17 out of 24, not bad really, especially since I haven't thought about the UK since noon on January 13th 1992, when Grampy picked me up at mum's house and then drove me to the train station for the airport, as I waved out of the rear window of the car at mum, not knowing back then that I'd never get to see her alive again.
I'm tigressing and feeling depressed again,which defeats the object of this post, which is to bring Peace To The World and embrace all Iranians.
Let's get back to the test.
A friend who lives there got 14. Go figure. And that score was on his second try.
Shame on you Wheatley!
Call yourself a Womble!?
Go back to where you came from!

The only reason I got into this quiz malarkey this morning was because of Bel's latest FB update, where she admitted to failing the Australian Citizenship Test. And she's Australian!!

Which brings me to the point of this post, which is something I thought about yesterday, as I cycled home.
In a nutshell, I want to say how important this blog and my FB friends have been to me this year.
That without this outlet to express myself, without the friendships behind the scenes, without my lovely friends over on FB, who are always game for a feisty thread - my FB isn't no Starbucks Update Shit, or SUS for short - I'd pretty much be shipwrecked by now.

So even though it's been a pathetic year, just making money, having zero social life, ruing so many things that brought me here in the first place, it has been made just about bearable given the connection I feel to whatever and whoever most of you are, because you sure have provided me with a home away from home, not that I have a home, but you get my gist.
So thanks for the support this year. I appreciate it more than y'all ever realise.

Gonna cycle to school early this morning, before the streets start to become agitated.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I failed with 12 :S
Fuff

222 said...

ROR Fuffy.

So what was your answer for why Jamaicans came to the UK?

Anonymous said...

Bus drivers
Fuff

Anonymous said...

What was yours?

222 said...

Bus drivers. Which was correct. LOL.

222 said...

I got the wimmin's wage wrong, and I don't know my constituency numbers or the percentage of Muslims or how many chavs under 20 there are.

222 said...

Gah, gorra invigilate. Toot pip.

nancy said...

exactly what is the point of these citizenship tests? i'm from canada (but have been in japan for almost ten years) and i don't even know the canadian prime minister's name.
i can completely relate to the FB thing. i've only recently joined (well, fairly recently) but it's helped tremendously with the letting of day to day stresses and general connections i can maintain with overseas friends.

222 said...

Well, the tests are for those who want to enter these Nirvanas. If you don't know the history behind why we now have better food in the UK - thank God for immigration - then you're not coming in.
;)

Anonymous said...

LOL

I'm a Canadian that has never been to the UK and scored 16 out of 24.

222 said...

Ha ha ha, that's funny.
It's like me being one of 6 who passed the paper driving test in South Africa, out of a total class number of 20.
Like I ever learned to drive.
Not.