Dang. I wish I hadn't deleted that post about chewing my own arm off before I'd ever remain seated at a table with people who had no regard for basic table manners- take a breath - because now I feel like a traitor to the cause of Facebook Against Forkbiters or FAF for short.
I guess I just want to address R's assumption that I'd be a real anal kant to sit down to dinner with.
He mentioned that I'd probably have a tizzy if the napkin wasn't folded proper-like.
He mentioned that I'd probably have a tizzy if the napkin wasn't folded proper-like.
I only ask my fellow dinner guests to observe the BASICS.
Even kids with muscles should be able to abide by the basics, regardless of how hungry they are, or how much they appreciate the food.
The basics are:
Hmm. I need a coffee.
Back in a tic.
7 comments:
Actually, what I said (before you deleted it and Minos's reply) was that you might have a tizzy if your boyfriend handed you an improperly folded napkin after a blow job, not the mains.
I was alluding to the fact that you freely...indeed, insistently...discuss your particular skill at oral exams and the benefits of coffee up the hoop, which in my mind argues for a carefree, liberal approach to life, whilst on the other hand, you seem to have a touch of Baroness Thatcher in you when it comes to etiquette.
As I said before the purge (as I can recall), while I too dislike bad manners at the table, I am willing *as part of my own idea of politeness* to serve (I hope) as an example to follow in this department.
If you are really a pig with cutlery, I won't be back and you won't be invited around. It's a simple equation. What's less simple is that you seem largely bohemian surrounding a hard core of bourgeoisie. It's not a usual combination, Perkins.
PS. I'm not having a go here...frankly, these contrasts are a pretty interesting part of your personality...but I do find the notion of you as the Miss Manners of expert penis servicing and skilled enema bag hoisting to be, shall we say, unexpected. As you said, something something "brutish".
My 'blow jobs' are not of this world.
They are not your generic blow job.
See...there you go again.
And for the record, if the blow job's generic, someone is doing it wrong.
See... there you go again, equating bad table manners with being able to speak candidly.
There is no relation between good table manners and the ability to talk frankly. I have people email me and tell me that they miss me, that the bay's not the same without me there, the town's not the same, the state's not the same, and it's all because of my frankness, my ability to infuse candidity into what otherwise might have been a pretty run-of-the-mill conversation, and none of the above means that I should start biting my fork, or eating with my mouth open.
There's certainly a lot of talk about how to operate open mouths on this blog, I'll give you that.
I'll have to agree with M on the manners. Using good table manners (no matter where you are) shows respect to the host/hostess and or the chef.
And I'll have to agree with Rhys that yes you do go from one open mouthed subject to the other without missing a beat. But there's nothing wrong with being frank about both subjects if a person is comfortable with talking about it. Ultimate good manners is when someone thanks you for the sex act that was just performed and truly means it.
He he he. I love my readers.
Post a Comment