Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Big Old Breasts

It sure is cold in the teachers room. I've had to use my teapot as a hot water bottle.

Gonna bring my rubber 'yutampo' in tomorrow to put on my lap. Not sure why they haven't turned the heating on yet.
Not that I mind 'setsuden-ing' (being thrifty with energy usage to help keep pressure off the tsunami/quake compromised grid) and having been cold in Japan, year after year, whilst creeping between the bullfrogs, and being unable to find lamb on the supermarket shelves, balancing a teapot on my lap is easy.

In other news, I only have two classes today, what a breeze!
I've had a fantastic career.
Thank You Japan.

I was talking to a teacher this morning - who I used to teach when he was a university student!- and was saying how this year was really weird for me, that I didn't need to be here, and so on, but that I guess I was lucky to get to experience one more year in Japan, one more year of teaching, and what with ski season on the horizon, and The End pretty much just around the corner, it hasn't been that bad, and if I've gotten through to even one student during this stint, made a difference to just one kid, then it will have been worth it. NOT. Ha ha, I am always trying to justify this year. I just can't.
Bwhahahahahaahahahahaha.
No wonder I turn to drink



No comments: